Best prices on tapazole?

Old August 26th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

Default Best prices on tapazole?

My cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The only symptom he
has is that he's lost several pounds, and appears somewhat thin.
His appetite is somewhat voracious, but that's not a problem! g
He's still happy and active, for a 16 year old cat. So, I started
him on a regimen of liquid tapazole (Fish flavor too!). It cost
$27 per month for the liquid. Can anyone tell me where to get it
cheaper? I also may try the pills, which are only $15 through
the vet.

-Thanks

Old August 27th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook

"James Egan" wrote in message
My cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The only symptom he
has is that he's lost several pounds, and appears somewhat thin.
His appetite is somewhat voracious, but that's not a problem! g
He's still happy and active, for a 16 year old cat. So, I started
him on a regimen of liquid tapazole (Fish flavor too!). It cost
$27 per month for the liquid. Can anyone tell me where to get it
cheaper? I also may try the pills, which are only $15 through
the vet.

I pay 40 bucks for 60 pills at Costco. Seems you have the best price
already.

Paul

Old August 27th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:31:38 +0000, Paul M. Cook wrote:

I pay 40 bucks for 60 pills at Costco. Seems you have the best price
already.

Paul

I should have mentioned that the $15 per month was for 30 pills cut
in half, I believe. Anyway, how is this price:

http://www.petcarerx.com/PCareRx/Sim...ode%5EUSDen-US
Old August 27th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"James Egan" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:31:38 +0000, Paul M. Cook wrote:

I pay 40 bucks for 60 pills at Costco. Seems you have the best price
already.

Paul

I should have mentioned that the $15 per month was for 30 pills cut
in half, I believe. Anyway, how is this price:

http://www.petcarerx.com/PCareRx/Sim...ode%5EUSDen-US

Very high price. Costco is much cheaper. You don't need the brand, generic
works just fine. I pay 40 bucks for 60 5mg tablets, this site wants 1.09
for each 5 mg dose. That's a 25 dollar difference.

Paul

Old August 27th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Give your Wal-mart pharmacy a call. I've priced out medication for my
cat, and their prices on drugs are quite competitive.

Old August 27th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"James Egan" wrote in message
My cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The only symptom he
has is that he's lost several pounds, and appears somewhat thin.
His appetite is somewhat voracious, but that's not a problem! g
He's still happy and active, for a 16 year old cat. So, I started
him on a regimen of liquid tapazole (Fish flavor too!). It cost
$27 per month for the liquid. Can anyone tell me where to get it
cheaper? I also may try the pills, which are only $15 through
the vet.

$27/month is a good price- assuming he gets 2.5 mg twice a day.

If you go with the pills, be sure to put them in a #3 or ideally a #4 gelcap
so he doesn't taste them. Methimazole tastes nasty- its very bitter. Once
he gets a taste of it it will be almost impossible to pill him again.

Best of luck.

Phil