Does anybody know French

Old February 19th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Does anybody know French

Trudi's nose twitches, she realises that she feels his response... smiles
and pats his paw...
Granby wrote in message
Lewi reads the note then looks straight at Trudi and thinks "Yes, madam,
that is what I am doing." But thank you for thinking of that, with the
secretary we have, nothing should be left to chance. He looks as he

thinks
Trudi was able to understand him, at last.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
*ahum * Trudi clears throat, then remembers and taps Lewi onna
shoulder...
then hands him the quickly written note:

Dear Lewi, why don't you email it privately so she doesn't see it ahead

of
time... Trudi
Mme. Anas ^..^ wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:10:39 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Hello, this is Lewi and I am going to ask Kitty Schottland to be my

wife.
Since my two human kittens have said I am French I feel that I should
do
this properly in French.

Gramby found a translator called Babblefish but some say it isn't

very
good.
I would like to post my proposal to KS and have someone check it for
me.

would hate to be asking her something improper.

un peu, pas tres bien....
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anas

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by
little, the cats become its visible soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/18/2008 11:55:33 AM

Old February 19th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Hmmmmm, yes, I forgot. Sorry I couldn't have been of more service.
Glad you have what you need.

On Monday 18 February 2008 22:40, Granby wrote:

Now Unkle Fred, U knowz cats don haff timez framez. Piglet smickerink
"Fred Williams" wrote in message
On Monday 18 February 2008 18:28, Granby wrote:

I got several responses by email and sent one request, now have what
I need. Thank you though.
"Adam" wrote in message
Granby wrote:
Hello, this is Lewi and I am going to ask Kitty Schottland to be
my wife. Since my two human kittens have said I am French I feel
that I should do this properly in French.

I have buk "French 4 Cats" by H. Beard.

Louise

I'm glad. I've been busy all day and I didn't know your time
frame.

--
Regards,
Fred

Old February 19th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
PixieDust413

It's okay, Trudi. Kitty Schottland only goes on the pooter when the
PawPaw is home (and right now he's not home).

Mr. Lewi's secret is safe with me.

Debby

Old February 20th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anas ^..^[_3_]

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:28:09 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Améliorez que pas du tout.
(I hope that mean "Better than not al all").

Well, Babblefish doesn't do to well: "Mieux que pas du tout" is
correct. "Ameliorez" means "better" only in the sens of "to improve".
Another strike for Babblefish!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/19/2008 8:56:07 PM
Old February 20th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh well, it is the thought that counts.
"Mme. Anas ^..^" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:28:09 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Amliorez que pas du tout.

Old February 20th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:28:09 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Améliorez que pas du tout.
(I hope that mean "Better than not al all").

Well, Babblefish doesn't do to well: "Mieux que pas du tout" is
correct. "Ameliorez" means "better" only in the sens of "to improve".
Another strike for Babblefish!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

How uh-mieuxink dat mieux meenz betterer, kuz catz mieux, an dey ar da
bezt!
--
Puntô.ônya

Old February 20th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 03:00, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:28:09 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Améliorez que pas du tout.
(I hope that mean "Better than not al all").

Well, Babblefish doesn't do to well: "Mieux que pas du tout" is
correct. "Ameliorez" means "better" only in the sens of "to improve".
Another strike for Babblefish!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

How uh-mieuxink dat mieux meenz betterer, kuz catz mieux, an dey ar da
bezt!

Oh this is getting to be good. "Mieux Chat" in French, (:-)) and the
French word for cat is "le chat!" This was meant to be!

Old February 20th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

There will be no more "funny Letters" thought it was cute but guess not.
Funny how something so simple can get complicated when it wasn't meant to
be.
"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:28:09 -0600, Granby's nimble, little paws
typed:

Améliorez que pas du tout.
(I hope that mean "Better than not al all").

Well, Babblefish doesn't do to well: "Mieux que pas du tout" is
correct. "Ameliorez" means "better" only in the sens of "to improve".
Another strike for Babblefish!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

How uh-mieuxink dat mieux meenz betterer, kuz catz mieux, an dey ar da
bezt!
--
Puntô.ônya

Oy!
Here e go again, with the funny letters sigh

Old February 20th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
On Wednesday 20 February 2008 03:00, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

An aztoot obzervashun, Unka Fred.
Pun2nya