Love letters - or not

Old March 21st 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Love letters - or not

My sister is out of town a few days, and I've been looking after her
cats, Linus and Ronja
(http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=ronjasun.jpg,
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...ent=linus.jpg).
Ronja seems to be sending some sort of messages to Caliban. Each time I
visit them, she rubs her head very thoroughly over my left hand. When I
get home, Caliban sniffs the same hand veeeery carefully, and for a long
time. I can't do anything until he is done, so there I am, standing bent
over in my warm winter jacket and boots while I let Caliban do his
inspection of The Missive i.e. the hand.

Now I'm just wondering what she is telling him, and whether he
recognizes her scent. Does he remember that this is the small but feisty
ladycat from the island? The one that he shared a hot summer romance
with - NOT! And when she sniffs The Hand each time I visit, does she
remember that this was the annoying young squirt who was always trying
to steal her food? Or does she think she is sending messages to some hot
young boytoy...

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 21st 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
My sister is out of town a few days, and I've been looking after her
cats, Linus and Ronja
(http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=ronjasun.jpg,
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...ent=linus.jpg).

Wheee! Stripies! Are they brother and sister?

Ronja seems to be sending some sort of messages to Caliban. Each time I
visit them, she rubs her head very thoroughly over my left hand. When I
get home, Caliban sniffs the same hand veeeery carefully, and for a long
time. I can't do anything until he is done, so there I am, standing bent
over in my warm winter jacket and boots while I let Caliban do his
inspection of The Missive i.e. the hand.

Now I'm just wondering what she is telling him, and whether he recognizes
her scent. Does he remember that this is the small but feisty ladycat from
the island? The one that he shared a hot summer romance with - NOT! And
when she sniffs The Hand each time I visit, does she remember that this
was the annoying young squirt who was always trying to steal her food? Or
does she think she is sending messages to some hot young boytoy...

You won't know until they see each other again.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 21st 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
My sister is out of town a few days, and I've been looking after her
cats, Linus and Ronja
(http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=ronjasun.jpg,

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...ent=linus.jpg).

Wheee! Stripies! Are they brother and sister?

I believe they are half-siblings. From some place in the country where
their people have not spayed the mother, I'm sorry to say. The amazing
thing about them is that Linus is absolutely huge, while Ronja is a
very, very small girl. It's hard to believe they're related.

You won't know until they see each other again.

I'm pretty sure they will be back to hating each other on sight then. ;P

Old March 22nd 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message

You won't know until they see each other again.

I'm pretty sure they will be back to hating each other on sight then. ;P

It's a fine, fine line between love and hate

Old March 22nd 09, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

wafflycat kirjoitti:

"Marina" wrote in message

You won't know until they see each other again.

I'm pretty sure they will be back to hating each other on sight then. ;P

It's a fine, fine line between love and hate

You gave me an earworm:
The Pretenders - It's a thin line between love and hate

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com