Cooking: fondue sauces?

Old March 24th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cooking: fondue sauces?

On 2006-03-24, jmcquown penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
My fondue set is arriving today!

I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

A few sauces come to mind. There's always the standard teriyaki or
soy based ginger/onion/garlic thing. Or you can try a Hunter's
sauce or Bernaise sauce.

Anything with Teriyaki is always good =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23, Jo Firey penned:

The favorite "sauce" around here now days is a good Ranch Dressing
spiked with quite a bit of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.

Interesting ... sounds like it would be good on pizza, too, actually

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) penned:
I will post links for them instead of posting the recipes all in a emai land
making you have to print them out. if they have a link I can find. I will
keep looking but here are some I have at my finger tips

Teriyaki Marinade and Dipping Sauce http://www.recipezaar.com/15773 I like
this one it uses honey instead sugar
mint dipping sauce http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,171,1...248199,00.html
for tabasco sauce go to this website and type it in some good versions
http://www.tabascofoodservice.com/

MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
1/2 c. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard ( i use spicy for a little bit)
1/2 c. EVO oil ( good brand)
1 env. Italian salad dressing mix ( Hellman's if you can find it)
3 tbsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. cider or wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients, stirring well until smooth. Cover and chill for 1
hour.
Serve as dipping sauce for vegetables or chicken . Makes 1 cup

Thanks, Matthew!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, jmcquown penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
My fondue set is arriving today!

I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

A few sauces come to mind. There's always the standard teriyaki or
soy based ginger/onion/garlic thing. Or you can try a Hunter's
sauce or Bernaise sauce.

Anything with Teriyaki is always good =)

You are making me want fried beef fondue! I have a fondue pot but have
only used it for cheese sauce and dunking pieces of bread in.

Old March 27th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, badwilson penned:
I've never had beef in oil fondue, it sounds greasy to me. My
favourite fondue is beef and pork tenderloin in chicken broth. It's
much healthier, especially since you get enough fat from the dipping
sauces.

I remember our Christmas discussion, and I mentioned the broth
approach to my husband. He hypothesized that the difference is that
the broth doesn't sear the meat the way oil does.

*shrug* The instruction booklet for this fondue set gives instructions
for both approaches.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 28th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, badwilson penned:
I've never had beef in oil fondue, it sounds greasy to me. My
favourite fondue is beef and pork tenderloin in chicken broth. It's
much healthier, especially since you get enough fat from the dipping
sauces.

I remember our Christmas discussion, and I mentioned the broth
approach to my husband. He hypothesized that the difference is that
the broth doesn't sear the meat the way oil does.

*shrug* The instruction booklet for this fondue set gives instructions
for both approaches.

No, the broth doesn't sear the meat. But it tastes very yummy. You should
try it both ways.
--
Britta

Old March 28th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-28, Jane penned:

I have been to The Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) many times, and
only once did we use the oil. It was greasy, much too greasy after
awhile. For the most part, everyone I know prefers the broth pots,
for all meat and vegetables. Besides, it's a really fun place to
eat, especially with friends you like to talk with.

DH and I spent Christmas at my parents', and we had fondue Christmas
Eve. It was a great way to eat while talking the night away (a
favorite pasttime with my family, anyway).

That's what inspired me to get a fondue set.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 28th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

go to love the smores version they have
http://www.meltingpot.com/Orlandofl/menu.html
"Jane" wrote in message
In article ,

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
.. .
On 2006-03-24, badwilson penned:
[...]

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old March 29th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-28, Jane penned:

I have been to The Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) many times, and
only once did we use the oil. It was greasy, much too greasy after
awhile. For the most part, everyone I know prefers the broth pots,
for all meat and vegetables. Besides, it's a really fun place to
eat, especially with friends you like to talk with.

DH and I spent Christmas at my parents', and we had fondue Christmas
Eve. It was a great way to eat while talking the night away (a
favorite pasttime with my family, anyway).

That's what inspired me to get a fondue set.

Fondue is what we have at my parents' every Christmas eve. Long time family
tradition. I just love it. You can sit around for hours, nibbling,
talking...and drinking way too much of my dad's blackberry wine!
--
Britta