AHHH!!! A VULTURE!!!

Old March 28th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default AHHH!!! A VULTURE!!!

"Marina" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
Is there any reason why you don't feed them the mince raw? Heating it
destroys the taurine in it, which is essential for cats (their bodies
don't produc taurine, unlike e.g. humans or d*gs). I heat poultry for the
cats, too, though we haven't had salmonella or any other nasties in
Finland for years. Just to be safe.

You can get taurine and add it to the cat food. I saw it in some pet care
books.
A health food store I frequented carry taurine supplements for humans.

Winnie

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old March 28th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

i use OE, i guess i ought use plain text more?
wrote in message
Denise Clere wrote:

[-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 23

lines --]

;0

Denise,

I'm not sure why, but your posts always cause problems in my news
reader. Does your news program insert MIME characters into your posts?
I guess you're using Google? Maybe there's something on the site that
would tell you what's going on. I can't read your posts because of
those characters.

Joyce

Old March 28th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meeee wrote:
Mainly as I was told by several people to NEVER feed raw meat. Possibly
because of worms, not sure exactly why. All meat I give them is bought in
bulk, then frozen and defrosted in the microwave immediately before cooking.
That's very interesting about the taurine. In that case, if it's safe
enough, I would prefer feeding it to them raw. In your opinion, considering
the immediate freezing/defrosting/consumption, would it be safe to feed
raw?? We also have no rabies etc here.

Sorry, I don't know what your meat may or may not contain. I know that
in some parts of the world pork can contain some bacteria
(tricho-something? can't remember the name now) that it doesn't contain
here in Finland. Maybe your health authorities have info available on
the web or somewhere? Ours does. Oh, speaking of worms, raw fish can
have worms. Otherwise, I can't advice you. I feed mine fresh meat (beef
and pork), in fact, that is all Miranda will eat - she doesn't recognize
cat food as food.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 28th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-28, Denise Clere penned:
guess i'm too fond of HTML,i can switch it,i forget some folks seem to
dislike it.

It's more that our newsreaders can't handle it.

I think mine can handle an HTML post that advertises itself as such,
but if I recall correctly, it can't handle HTML posts that say they're
just plain text. Or something like that.

It also wouldn't be hard if clients that used HTML used the minimum
amount necessary to do their formatting -- then I could easily read
the actual content. But for some reason, auto generated HTML is
always ridiculously complicated.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 28th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Denise Clere wrote:
i use OE, i guess i ought use plain text more?

You should make plain text the default for usenet, there is no place for
HTML in any group.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 28th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meeee" wrote in message

Mainly as I was told by several people to NEVER feed raw meat. Possibly
because of worms, not sure exactly why. All meat I give them is bought in
bulk, then frozen and defrosted in the microwave immediately before
cooking. That's very interesting about the taurine. In that case, if it's
safe enough, I would prefer feeding it to them raw. In your opinion,
considering the immediate freezing/defrosting/consumption, would it be
safe to feed raw?? We also have no rabies etc here.

A friend of mine from another group has to feed her Bengal's a raw diet.
One of them cannot tolerate anything else. Do some searching for
information on the internet and you will find a lot of information on
feeding cats a raw, whole diet.

It looks like a lot of trouble to me unless a cat really couldn't eat
anything else, but it sounds like you are doing most of the work already
anyway.

It seems I remember when I was reading about it that you can even buy raw,
frozen cat food in some of the pet chains. Just thaw and serve.

Jo

Old March 29th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

"Marina" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
Is there any reason why you don't feed them the mince raw? Heating it
destroys the taurine in it, which is essential for cats (their bodies
don't produc taurine, unlike e.g. humans or d*gs). I heat poultry for the
cats, too, though we haven't had salmonella or any other nasties in
Finland for years. Just to be safe.

You can get taurine and add it to the cat food. I saw it in some pet care
books.
A health food store I frequented carry taurine supplements for humans.

Winnie

I'm pretty sure the dry food I give them contains added taurine. I'll have
to check!
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old March 29th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"meeee" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, there's plenty of gourmet pet food here, but it's so expensive I'm
better off making it myself. I still feed them dry to make sure they are
getting everything they need, but they seem to do better when I cook them
some food.

Old March 29th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Denise Clere wrote:

guess i'm too fond of HTML,i can switch it,i forget some folks seem to
dislike it.

I don't dislike HTML on principle or anything. But I use a
text-only newsreader, and it doesn't like HTML. It does weird
stuff with your posts, asking me if I want to use a "mime reader"
to view your post, which I find to be a pain in the butt, so I
just end up deleteing them. So if you were to send posts in plain
texts, then I would be able to read them!

Joyce

Ahhh, lidocaine spells relief Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 6 July 11th 05 03:35 AM
Ahhh, Spring! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 7 April 7th 05 12:45 PM
AHHH! Get it off me! JB Cat anecdotes 7 January 17th 05 12:29 PM
Vulture kitty at mealtimes! Singer709 Cat anecdotes 14 December 14th 03 08:55 PM