Well, he's inside

Old November 7th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Well, he's inside

The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening ... not
without a bit of trickery on my part.

I put the food bowl down on the bottom step and sat down beside it - he
came to eat. I gradually moved it to the porch, and finially inside the
front door. When he went inside to eat, I closed the storm door.

Obviously, he is used to being inside and he knows what doors are for.

When last seen, he was behind the old TV in a corner of the living room.

He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side, butterflies
on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I still haven't
seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure exactly what variation
of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.

I've never had a classic tabby before.

BTW, all is quiet, at least for the moment.

--

T.E.D. )

Old November 7th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening ...
not without a bit of trickery on my part.

I put the food bowl down on the bottom step and sat down beside it -
he came to eat. I gradually moved it to the porch, and finially
inside the front door. When he went inside to eat, I closed the
storm door.

Obviously, he is used to being inside and he knows what doors are for.

When last seen, he was behind the old TV in a corner of the living
room.

He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side,
butterflies on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I
still haven't seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure
exactly what variation of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.

I've never had a classic tabby before.

BTW, all is quiet, at least for the moment.

Please post jpgs ASAP :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old November 7th 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening ... not
without a bit of trickery on my part.

I put the food bowl down on the bottom step and sat down beside it - he
came to eat. I gradually moved it to the porch, and finially inside the
front door. When he went inside to eat, I closed the storm door.

Obviously, he is used to being inside and he knows what doors are for.

When last seen, he was behind the old TV in a corner of the living room.

He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side, butterflies
on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I still haven't
seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure exactly what variation
of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.

I've never had a classic tabby before.

The task before you now is to give him a name! Any ideas?

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.
Old November 7th 09, 07:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening ... not
without a bit of trickery on my part.

[snip]

You are a kind and good man. Fifteen cats qualifies you for Rock Star
category
when you get to the RB......you will be bodysurfed - by those who
waited for you - over the Bridge.

LOL! Great image!!

Joyce

Old November 7th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

"Ted Davis" wrote
| The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening
snip
| He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side, butterflies
| on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I still haven't
| seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure exactly what variation
| of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.
snip

My response can't be expressed in text: a huge grin. ewg I think?

Old November 7th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

"Ted Davis" wrote

The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening

He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side, butterflies
on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I still haven't
seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure exactly what variation
of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.

My response can't be expressed in text: a huge grin. ewg I think?

I thought eg and ewg were variations on "evil grin", which I'm
pretty sure is not what you mean.

Joyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old November 7th 09, 09:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

wrote
| Pat wrote:
| My response can't be expressed in text: a huge grin. ewg I think?
|
| I thought eg and ewg were variations on "evil grin", which I'm
| pretty sure is not what you mean.

AFAIK, ewg means "ear-wide grin" IOW "grinning from ear to ear"

Old November 7th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

wrote
| Pat wrote:
| My response can't be expressed in text: a huge grin. ewg I think?
|
| I thought eg and ewg were variations on "evil grin", which I'm
| pretty sure is not what you mean.

AFAIK, ewg means "ear-wide grin" IOW "grinning from ear to ear"

Oh. Well, there you go. I'm pretty sure eg is evil grin, though. I
guess they're not related. The only one who might possibly have an
evil grin is Kitty #15.

Joyce

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
Old November 7th 09, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
The new cat - #15 - came inside under his own power this evening ...
not without a bit of trickery on my part.

I put the food bowl down on the bottom step and sat down beside it -
he came to eat. I gradually moved it to the porch, and finially
inside the front door. When he went inside to eat, I closed the
storm door.

Obviously, he is used to being inside and he knows what doors are for.

When last seen, he was behind the old TV in a corner of the living
room.

He's a *classic* tabby: whorls instead of stipes on his side,
butterflies on his shoulders, and a pronounced M on his forehead. I
still haven't seen him in really good light so I'm still not sure
exactly what variation of gray he is, but he is definitely handsome.

I've never had a classic tabby before.

BTW, all is quiet, at least for the moment.

Congratulations!
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 7th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 06:07:16 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

The task before you now is to give him a name! Any ideas?

Initially, his working name was Stripey or Stripey Thing, but he's whorly
rather than stripey so those are out. I think I'll go with Snooch. He's
not like the comic character, but I don't want to reuse names - I've used
a lot of cat names over the years - and I have named many of the other
cats after animal webcomic characters: Ozy, Millie, Avery, Mudpie,
and Dandy are still with me.

BTW, there is no sign of him this morning. It would not suprise me if he
discovered the cat flap in his exploring last night. But he now knows
that food, water, toilet facilities, shelter, petting, and tick removal
services can be found in one place that has an escape route.

While he does have some light brown tone to his coat, I think he's
probably closer to silver than blue.

--

T.E.D. )