Eskie in Pinole Shelter

Old June 15th 04, 10:51 PM

Default Eskie in Pinole Shelter

Just trying to cover all bases here. I've also sent email to NorCal Sled
dog rescue and Heart Bandits. But I'm not going to be able to follow-up
on the dog myself so ....

I have a friend who found a stray American Eskimo. She's been contacting
vets and groomers and shelters with no luck on finding the owners. TO
comply with the law she had to turn the dog into the Pinole, California
shelter. This shelter will make the dog available for adoption this
Saturday. They do little to no screening of potential adopters. The dog
is a young intact male. I haven't met it but it has a good enough
temperament that it would pass our therapy dog screening (the person who
found it is one of our evaluators). I would consider the dog but I'm out
of town through Sunday and I am not available during their open hours
during the week. I'm also out of town for the next several week-ends.

The dog's number is 383587 The Pinole shelter 510 374-3966.

The shelter told my friend that they have no plans to contact rescue, its
first come, first served.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old June 16th 04, 12:05 AM
~*Connie*~

I don't intend to sound rude, but I have a feeling this is how it is going
to come out.

What is the point of this post? to get someone you don't know to go adopt
the dog?? that doesn't sound like the best of ideas since this is a cat
rescue group, and you really don't know anyone here. There is no one else
in your rescue who has the time to adopt the dog? the woman who turned him
in can't? no friend or family members you can turn to??

Old July 6th 04, 04:16 PM
frlpwr

wrote in message ...
[...]

You need to have a rescue group contact the shelter to put a hold for
rescue if the dog is not adopted out