It may be back OT and whatever

Old July 17th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default It may be back OT and whatever

tanadashoes wrote:
Rob had his regularly scheduled MRI last week and we got the results today.
There is some indication of growth in the same area as his previous cancer
and it is thought that it is possible that it may be back.

Hoping it's not come back and purring for both of you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 17th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
Rob had his regularly scheduled MRI last week and we got the results
today. There is some indication of growth in the same area as his
previous cancer and it is thought that it is possible that it may be
back. Now I read that report before I handed it over to the
oncologist and it looked more like probable rather than possible for
the cancer to be back, but then I'm not an expert. I also have
noticed that Rob is having more problems with memory, balance, and
cognition (understanding).
So Rob has to have another MRI next month and we'll go on from there.
If my suspicions are correct, Rob will probably be put back on
chemo, but probably not Temodar this time, and will be monitored
further. I think we'll be looking at that trip to Ft Campbell sooner
than I'd originally planned.

Pam S. depressed

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Pam }}}}}}}}}}}} Purrs for Rob and the rest of the family.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 17th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Pam, we're purring furiously here that things will turn out well when Rob
has his next MRI and exam. And please take care of yourself too, you two are
a team!
Charleen and David

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Rob had his regularly scheduled MRI last week and we got the results
today. There is some indication of growth in the same area as his previous
cancer and it is thought that it is possible that it may be back. Now I

Old July 17th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Pam and Rob}}}}}}}}}}

Mega healing purrs heading your way!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way for you and Rob.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old July 17th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Pam you and rob plus the rugrats are in my prayers always

I even say one to Brighid for you all

Old July 17th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Rob had his regularly scheduled MRI last week and we got the results
today. There is some indication of growth in the same area as his previous
cancer and it is thought that it is possible that it may be back. Now I
read that report before I handed it over to the oncologist and it looked
more like probable rather than possible for the cancer to be back, but
then I'm not an expert. I also have noticed that Rob is having more
problems with memory, balance, and cognition (understanding).

So Rob has to have another MRI next month and we'll go on from there. If
my suspicions are correct, Rob will probably be put back on chemo, but
probably not Temodar this time, and will be monitored further. I think
we'll be looking at that trip to Ft Campbell sooner than I'd originally
planned.

Mega-mega anti-cancer purrs winging their way over the pond and some
anti-worry purrs added to the mix.

(((hugs)))
Tweed

Old July 17th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , tanadashoes
wrote:
Rob had his regularly scheduled MRI last week and we got the results
today. There is some indication of growth in the same area as his
previous cancer and it is thought that it is possible that it may be
back. Now I read that report before I handed it over to the oncologist
and it looked more like probable rather than possible for the cancer to
be back, but then I'm not an expert. I also have noticed that Rob is
having more problems with memory, balance, and cognition
(understanding).

So Rob has to have another MRI next month and we'll go on from there.
If my suspicions are correct, Rob will probably be put back on chemo,
but probably not Temodar this time, and will be monitored further. I
think we'll be looking at that trip to Ft Campbell sooner than I'd
originally planned.

Pam S. depressed

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm praying that it isn't but that if Rob has to
have further treatment it will sort the problem out completely.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

((((((Pam and Rob))))))

Bev

Old July 18th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"hopitus" wrote in message

Surely you will have a consultation w/either Rob's primary doc and/or
his
oncologist re the recent MRI before he's due for the next one. Hopitus
has
only strong hopes for all of you in the time to come. Written words
on
radiology reports can be frightening, never mind depressing and I hope
the docs had something reassuring to say about the report. You are the
backbone of your family and I can't send anything stronger than my
wishes for the support you know you have from your friends here.

His oncologist stressed the word "possible." This guy also refuses to
listen to family members as apparently we're either stupid, ignorant, or
have Munchausen's By Proxy. Rob is always doing "fine." He never has head
aches, balance problems, and problems understanding others. Right. So he
says. Sorry, I'm a little bitter today. This whole thing is worse than
being on a roller coaster ride into Elm Street and I've never liked roller
coaster rides to begin with.

On a brighter note. Rob is reading the "Warrior Cat" series by Erin Hunter.
He really enjoys the books and is already on the fifth one. This is an
improvement over his re-reading the same David Weber "Honor Harrington" book
over and over again.

Pam S. Thanking you all for your kind thoughts, purrs, prayers, and hugs