How many is too many?

Old July 27th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default How many is too many?

Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with
oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload)
I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).
http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old July 27th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Nope there are only 16... I raised my magnification to 400%. to look
closer..I WAY beat you MMJ and this other person...though 5 of my kitties
are former ferals... and are non touchable for the most part kids(even
though they've been house kitties for 6 years!)...9/10th of them were
strays, rescues,throwaways and abused...And yes, they're all fixed... It's
no wonder I'm almost always broke..The kitties are top priority...I love
each and everyone of them...even the 2 incontinent ones (who live on the
enclosed porch) ...

Old July 28th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...categorized/20...

--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

OMG! That is the cutest pic ever. Someone has some really organized
cats. Thanks for posting!

Sherry
Old July 28th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jul 27, 12:29*pm, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... *But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with
oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload)
I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...categorized/20...

--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

I say that if you can feed and care for them all, then the more the
merrier. =o) My hat is off to you, as I find feeding and caring for
two is about what my budget can take.

And I LOVE the picture. =o) It just begs to go on
icanhascheezburger.com.

Melissa.
Old July 28th 08, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).

http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

That's hilarious! Pigeonholed kitties! Actually, it reminds me of
mailboxes in a school department office - with a very unusual mass-
mailing today.

The 4 on top look annoyed that they didn't get to have a cozy bin.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 28th 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 27 Jul., 21:29, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... *But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with
oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload)
I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...categorized/20...

--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

That`s the funniest pic I`ve seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
I believe if there is space and food enough then it only depends of
your nerves how many cats one cancare for.

At the moment I have 10 cats which I call "my own" and about 5 cats
from the
wild neighbourhood which come by and take a snack.
I get sponsored catfood from an animal rescue organisation, otherwise
I couldn`t afford to feed them all.

When someone of my family or other people ask how many cats I have I
am tempted to lie as
almost all people think it to be "unnormal" to have so many.
But - hey - I can`t help it - cats tend to show up in my rural garden
and after finding the food some decide to stay.
And I am not able to show them the way out to the door.

Bettina

Old July 28th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up
with oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from
cuteoverload) I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin,
my eyes want to tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).
http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

Kitty cubbies! How sweet

Jill

Old July 28th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:29:28 -0400, Magic Mood Jeep ©
wrote:

Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with
oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload)
I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).
http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

How adorable! This could have been taken at my friend's house... she
has 25 cats (yes, I think she's insane...) and she bought one of those
cubbyhole bookshelves, but she only puts stuff in the very top row
because the bottom three are all for the cats!
Old July 28th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Bettina wrote:
[...]

I met a lady some years ago who had 27 cats, people would bring them to her
and she couldn't turn them away. She was above retirement age but carried on
working to pay for cat food and vet care. I live about 500km from her now,
maybe when I'm that way again I'll look her up.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 28th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at me
in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the floor...
But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with oral cancer
at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload) I count 16
(maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to tell me that
there's TWO cats in that one).
http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

Yes, but they're so well-organized.
--