How many is too many?

Old July 29th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default How many is too many?

Kreisleriana wrote:

"Magic Mood Jeep ?" wrote in message

Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at me
in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the floor...

http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

Yes, but they're so well-organized.

Absolutely. When they're sorted so neatly into their bins like that,
it totally removes the crazy-cat-lady effect.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 29th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Granby wrote:
"How many is too many" When there is no more room for you on the bed.

For many people,that would imply that *one* is too many. LOL.

Shmogg was a champion of stretching out diagnonally across the centre of my
bed, with arms, legs and tail fully outstretched to take up the maximum
amount of room. He wouldn't move either, so could justify The Glare when I
disturbed him by getting into bed, even if I was being very careful. Not
that any of my current three would allow either of the other two to get on
the bed if they've claimed it first, but even if they did, the current three
would still take up less room than Shmogg did.

Gosh I miss him.

Yowie

Old July 29th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
Granby wrote:
"How many is too many" When there is no more room for you on the bed.

For many people,that would imply that *one* is too many. LOL.

Shmogg was a champion of stretching out diagnonally across the centre of
my bed, with arms, legs and tail fully outstretched to take up the maximum
amount of room. He wouldn't move either, so could justify The Glare when I
disturbed him by getting into bed, even if I was being very careful. Not
that any of my current three would allow either of the other two to get on
the bed if they've claimed it first, but even if they did, the current
three would still take up less room than Shmogg did.

Gosh I miss him.

Yowie

(((((((((Yowie)))))))))

Joy (missing Nanki-Poo)

Old July 29th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz[_2_]

She sounds as sane as I :-)

"Kajikit" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:29:28 -0400, Magic Mood Jeep ©
wrote:

Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at
me in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the
floor... But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with
oral cancer at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload)
I count 16 (maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to
tell me that there's TWO cats in that one).
http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...kkisrefuge.jpg

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

How adorable! This could have been taken at my friend's house... she
has 25 cats (yes, I think she's insane...) and she bought one of those
cubbyhole bookshelves, but she only puts stuff in the very top row
because the bottom three are all for the cats!

Old July 29th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

That's not too many, that just means it's time to get a bigger bed.

Granby wrote:
"How many is too many" When there is no more room for you on the bed.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 29th 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Adrain, that is funny becuse I just went from a double bed to a queen becuse
the cats all wanted to sleep right where I did. Now, I take my half out of
the middle and let them fight over the rest of the real estate.
om...

Old July 29th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

*http://mfrost.typepad.com/.shared/im...categorized/20...

* Yes, but they're so well-organized.

Absolutely. When they're sorted so neatly into their bins like that,
it totally removes the crazy-cat-lady effect.

--
Joyce * ^..^

LOL! Yes! I "only" have five. But when they're *all* in the living
room, it does tend
to look like there are cats everywhere. I'm really kind of glad the
doorbell makes
them flee. That way, when we have company, they only think we have one
cat, because Yoda's the only one who's oblivious to visitors.

Sherry
Old July 29th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kajikit" wrote in message

How adorable! This could have been taken at my friend's house... she
has 25 cats (yes, I think she's insane...) and she bought one of those
cubbyhole bookshelves, but she only puts stuff in the very top row
because the bottom three are all for the cats!

I want to get one of those for our cats, but I just know that cat A will
insist on having the cubby next to cat B who wants to be on the other side
of cat C who can't stand cat A who adores cat C and both hate cat D who
wants to be next to no one and cat E will insist that cat D's cubby is
really his and so on and so forth. But it would be worth a try. Any idea
where your friend got her cubbyhole bookshelves at?

Pam S.

Old July 29th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
Some people, when I've told them how many cats we have, have looked at me
in amazement, or like I'm nuts, or just let their jaws hit the floor...
But we only have 11 (was 12, but Poor ol' Smokey ended up with oral cancer
at the ripe age of 16), in this picture (from cuteoverload) I count 16
(maybe 17... double check the top right bin, my eyes want to tell me that
there's TWO cats in that one).

I think too many would be when you cannot take the vets bills, not how many
you can afford to feed. I could easily afford to feed several more, and
have plenty of room but I know that vet bills for the two I have are enough
for my salary and I would not like to get into a situation when I have more
cats than money to keep them well.
That defines it for me, too many is when you cannot afford the vets bill if
they all got sick at once.

Tweed