Litter boxes that you don't have to manually Scoop?

Old September 13th 03, 08:00 PM
Mr B

Default Litter boxes that you don't have to manually Scoop?

Howdy,

I'm looking for a simple solution to cleaning out our litter boxes that doesn't involve me having to
use the scoop all the tiem btu something that can just filter the whole box at once.

I've seen some items like these Litter Sifting Liners:
http://www.catclaws.com/shopping/Litter.html#siftsave
But have never used them and don't know how strong they are or how well they really work.

My parents have a system that has 3 trays with slits in them on the bottom. When you put them on
top of each other and turn the middle one around, the slits don't line up so litter can't fall
through. Then when you empty them, you lift up just the top tray, the litter sifts down to the
second tray and the remaisn you throw away. Then you take that tray, turn it around, and put it
back on the bottom. (Hope that makes sense). You can then repeat this forever. WOrks decently
well.

Anyone else know of anything that would accomplish this and maybe have a ink of somewhere to buy it?
I'm not looking for an electric automatic thing, but jsut something to make the manual cleaning
easier.

Thanks.
Old September 14th 03, 01:03 AM
jjmoreta

Mr B wrote:
[...]

I've never tried the liners so I'm not sure whether to trust them or not.
At the very least, I don't like buying products that force me to make
regular repeat purchases.

There's two products that we've considered. We chose a similar 3 stack
system (Lift N' Sift) that you don't have to do all the twisting and turning
with (you lift up the top screen and throw the waste away, you put the
screen in the bottom tray and dump the litter that is left behind in the
formerly-middle tray over top of the screen and put that tray on the
bottom - takes less time than using a scoop). The other is a roller sifting
box (not sure how else to describe it), which we didn't get because it has a
top and we have a very large cat. I've seen those recently at Super
Wal-Mart (not sure about Lift N' Sift types).

Here are some pointers to what I'm talking about at http://www.petco.com
(usually I go to the store but I have ordered from them online before,
http://www.drsfostersmith.com (they have a great cat catalog) and
http://www.petsmart.com (I've only shopped there online because I don't have
a local store). Keep an eye out for online coupons or free shipping days -
those save a ton of money if ordering online.

LIft N' Sift - http://tinyurl.com/n9vu (Petco), http://tinyurl.com/n9wg
(Petsmart)
Generic sifting pan - http://tinyurl.com/n9wj (Petsmart)
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box - http://tinyurl.com/n9vx (Petco),
http://tinyurl.com/n9w4 (Drs Foster...), http://tinyurl.com/n9wk (Petsmart)

- Joanne

Old September 14th 03, 04:55 AM
Mr B

Did you actually buy the Lift n Sift? I saw that online but dont' know anyone that has one. Did it
work as well as you were epecting or was it just a hassle? Just curious what your personal thoughts
were...

Old September 14th 03, 02:12 PM
whayface

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:55:35 GMT, Mr B wrote:

There's two products that we've considered. We chose a similar 3 stack
system (Lift N' Sift) that you don't have to do all the twisting and turning
with (you lift up the top screen and throw the waste away, you put the
screen in the bottom tray and dump the litter that is left behind in the
formerly-middle tray over top of the screen and put that tray on the
bottom - takes less time than using a scoop).

Looks like it would work ok but I need something a little deeper and
bigger. My one likes to go right next to the edge and a lot of the
time with a short one it end up on the mat under it then she digs the
litter out of the box to try and cover it then I have to clean up the
whole mess !!

http://www.ameritech.net/users/lestark/my-babies.htm

Litter Boxes JBHajos Cat anecdotes 36 July 13th 04 02:09 PM
Placement/Movement of the Litter Boxes PattyC Cat health & behaviour 6 September 11th 03 01:41 AM