It's not so bad that I let her go!

Old February 23rd 05, 02:22 PM
Marion

Default It's not so bad that I let her go!

Hi Everyone,
Thank you all for your kind words -- you really helped me.
I'm feeling much better now -- last night I got a phone call
from one of the adopters, to tell me how thrilled they are
with the little cat, how their mother (who hadn't seen her)
adores her and marvels at how self-confident she is, how the
little thing loves scampering around their house, exploring
every corner and tossing her toys around!
Apparently one of the adopters lay down on the couch for
some time yesterday, with the little cat sound asleep on her
chest.
The resident cat growls at her, but isn't aggressive, and
the little one doesn't seem to mind. So that looks promising.
I know that she'll fade away as other fosters come to
take her place -- that's another comfort I have. I keep a
journal of all the cats who come to our house, with a photograph
and a description, and something about their forever homes, and
it's nice to look at that.

Marion

Old February 23rd 05, 04:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On 23 Feb 2005 06:22:43 -0800, "Marion" yodeled:

Hi Everyone,
Thank you all for your kind words -- you really helped me.
I'm feeling much better now -- last night I got a phone call
from one of the adopters, to tell me how thrilled they are
with the little cat, how their mother (who hadn't seen her)
adores her and marvels at how self-confident she is, how the
little thing loves scampering around their house, exploring
every corner and tossing her toys around!
Apparently one of the adopters lay down on the couch for
some time yesterday, with the little cat sound asleep on her
chest.

What a wonderful outcome!

The resident cat growls at her, but isn't aggressive, and
the little one doesn't seem to mind.

Sounds like she might even charm the resident, sooner or later. Great
to hear.

Theresa
Old February 23rd 05, 04:25 PM
Katz

It's so good of you to do this for the kitties. Sounds like she's
happy.

Katz

Old February 23rd 05, 05:10 PM
Melissa Houle

Katz wrote in message
oups.com...
It's so good of you to do this for the kitties. Sounds like she's
happy.

Katz

And so is her new hoomin family. =o) It may take a while for her
relationship to the other cat to work out, but it's early days yet. You gave
a cat in need a happy new home--give yourself a pat on the back!

Melissa

Old February 24th 05, 05:46 PM
Adrian

Marion wrote:
[...]

It sounds like she's gone to a perfect home. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.