Espy is The Desiccator

Old July 13th 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Espy is The Desiccator

Espy is an odd cat; I've written a lot about him. Nickname is Mr.
Trouble. Anyway, this is about his eating habits. He is finicky. He
mostly likes gravy, although he is not a big fan of the Gravy Lovers
Fancy Feast line.

His style of eating is to lick everything with his tongue until all
the moisture has been sucked out of it. I'll often take whatever is
left and move it to the bowls of the other cats, who are perfectly
happy to lap it up.

Oddly, he will also eat kibble; and at the moment we're working
through a large bag of Costco's cat food. So I know that his licking
isn't a tooth problem, he just likes sucking the food dry.

Anyone else have a cat that does this? I try to buy varieties of food
that slosh when I shake the can. I figure that was Espy has a chance
to like it.
Old July 13th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/13/2012 07:04 AM, dgk wrote:
Espy is an odd cat; I've written a lot about him. Nickname is Mr.
Trouble. Anyway, this is about his eating habits. He is finicky. He
mostly likes gravy, although he is not a big fan of the Gravy Lovers
Fancy Feast line.

His style of eating is to lick everything with his tongue until all
the moisture has been sucked out of it. I'll often take whatever is
left and move it to the bowls of the other cats, who are perfectly
happy to lap it up.

Oddly, he will also eat kibble; and at the moment we're working
through a large bag of Costco's cat food. So I know that his licking
isn't a tooth problem, he just likes sucking the food dry.

Anyone else have a cat that does this? I try to buy varieties of food
that slosh when I shake the can. I figure that was Espy has a chance
to like it.

My Siamese (RB 16) loved gravy and also would lick the food dry. My
TuTu avoids gravy . MLB
Old July 16th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:04:18 -0400, dgk wrote:

Espy is an odd cat; I've written a lot about him. Nickname is Mr.
Trouble. Anyway, this is about his eating habits. He is finicky. He
mostly likes gravy, although he is not a big fan of the Gravy Lovers
Fancy Feast line.

His style of eating is to lick everything with his tongue until all
the moisture has been sucked out of it. I'll often take whatever is
left and move it to the bowls of the other cats, who are perfectly
happy to lap it up.

Oddly, he will also eat kibble; and at the moment we're working
through a large bag of Costco's cat food. So I know that his licking
isn't a tooth problem, he just likes sucking the food dry.

Anyone else have a cat that does this? I try to buy varieties of food
that slosh when I shake the can. I figure that was Espy has a chance
to like it.

Scouty tends to lick the gravy off and leaves the pieces in the bowl
if you give her chunky food... so I often give them pate and she has
no choice but to eat the lot.
Old July 17th 12, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Persia's the same way with the gravy-type Fancy Feast. Nary a complaint
about the pate style

Jill

Old July 17th 12, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 7/17/2012 3:23 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

I've had several cats that (when we fed canned - we cannot do so now as
(a) it gives Ping ultra-stinky and runny poops and (b) Lizzie won't eat
canned) would lick the gravy off the chunky varieties - I think it's the
texture of the chunks... I've not eaten one but from what I've felt
with my fingers, they are more like rubber than meat. I don't blame them
for not wanting to eat the chunks.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Old July 17th 12, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

All interesting comments. Espy usually doesn't eat Pate anything but
all my cats seem to like Fancy Feast Beef Feast in it's various
implementations (classic, grilled, dessicated, etc). I'll try to get
some more from the local Target. I'm getting tired of trying to find
something they'll all mostly eat.

But the way Espy leaves those chunks bone dry is just funny. It's like
he uses blotting paper (anyone else old enough to remember that?)
Old July 17th 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Blotting paper... depends on what you mean by that. I remember as a young
teen being given "makeup lessons" from a friend's mother. She used blotting
paper on her face to remove excess oil. She might not have had to do that
if she hadn't slathered her face with cold cream every night. LOL The only
other blotting paper I'm aware of was used by people who wrote with fountain
pens or pens dipped in in inkwells. What are you talking about?

Jill

Old July 18th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Probably to the writing implement.

Old July 18th 12, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, the stuff to suck up ink spills I guess.

Espy has eye problem! dgk Cat anecdotes 4 February 23rd 12 09:49 PM
Espy smells dgk Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 11 03:03 PM
Espy not eating dgk[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 31 August 5th 09 01:05 PM
Espy is a pointer cat dgk Cat health & behaviour 10 August 25th 06 01:38 PM
Espy looking better! dgk Cat health & behaviour 4 January 2nd 06 08:31 PM