Does Tiger have a problem???

Old July 19th 12, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Does Tiger have a problem???

Since July 1st when Tiger Recovered from his infection things have
changed. Previously, he presented with large, smelly poops. Now, he
poops very little but does pee a lot. He used to eat quite a bit of dry
food (Innova) as treats but now eats mostly canned food. He does eat
plenty and acts normal except he gets in the litter box from time to
time and "tries" with little success. I know that the canned food is at
least 78 percent water (and I add some water to soften it) which could
account for this. He hates to travel so I don't want to take him to the
vet.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 19th 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Most inside cats on wet food get their water from the canned food unless
you are in a high humidity area My cats go through water like crazy and
only one has had diabetes but is in recession. Rumble plays more with than
drinks it

I would be worried about trying to go and cant

Old July 19th 12, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

It sounds to me as though the problem Mike is concerned with is
constipation.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

ng.com...

Old July 19th 12, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_5_]

Isn't canned pumpkin supposed to help?
Provided Tiger will eat some...

Sylvia M.

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
It sounds to me as though the problem Mike is concerned with
is constipation.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

ng.com...

Old July 19th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I checked the analysis of the canned food. It has only 1 percent fiber
and 78 percent water (plus what I add). Maybe there isn't enough
residue to make much poop. His going to the litter box could be from
habit like me sitting on the throne every morning after breakfast.

Old July 19th 12, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I checked the analysis of the canned food. It has only 1 percent fiber
and 78 percent water (plus what I add). Maybe there isn't enough
residue to make much poop. His going to the litter box could be from
habit like me sitting on the throne every morning after breakfast.
-------

No, if he goes to the litterbox to poo he feels the urge and if he cannot do
it he is constipated.
Most cats on a wet food diet like he has now should not be constipated, but
it will make them pee more in comparison to when he was on dry simply
because - well, there's more water to get rid of.
If I were in your position I would phone my vet. There may be something you
can do at home without needing to take him in.

Tweed

Old July 19th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/18/2012 05:15 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
Since July 1st when Tiger Recovered from his infection things have
changed. Previously, he presented with large, smelly poops. Now, he
poops very little but does pee a lot. He used to eat quite a bit of dry
food (Innova) as treats but now eats mostly canned food. He does eat
plenty and acts normal except he gets in the litter box from time to
time and "tries" with little success. I know that the canned food is at
least 78 percent water (and I add some water to soften it) which could
account for this. He hates to travel so I don't want to take him to the
vet.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Have you tried Petromalt or something similar? Petromalt is usually
available in the same market where you les of cat laxative. They help
with the hairballs. They are good to have on hand for when things get
"tight". Best wishes. MLB
Old July 19th 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/19/2012 11:34 AM, MLB wrote:
[...]

This computer is fouling up my posts with extra letters causing odd
spelling. ????MLB
Old July 19th 12, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Does Tiger have a problem??? UPDATE

I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

Out Tiger Lucys Mom[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 27th 09 11:51 PM
Tiger cub Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 March 6th 06 04:42 PM
Why does Tiger do this? ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 4 December 18th 05 03:16 AM
Tiger Balm brings out the Tiger in my cat! badwilson Cat anecdotes 5 June 23rd 05 05:35 AM
Is it a behavioral problem or a genetic problem. Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 18 November 1st 03 01:40 AM