Good news for me! (and the Princess Rita)

Old July 24th 12, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Good news for me! (and the Princess Rita)

On 7/19/2012 1:26 PM, Jane wrote:
Just in case anyone cares....

After working for the better part of 38 years, 22 of them as a government contractor for one agency or another, I have FINALLY been hired by the government itself!! I Am A Fed! woohoo!

It's a little pay cut, but a big boost in job security. I have lost my job twice because of contracts ending, and I lost a job once because a long-term government jerk took a dislike to me (and many others), but now *I* am the government person! Oh, I can still be fired, but it'll be harder now.

I'm thinking, 'Now I can think about buying a house! What does Rita want in a house?'

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Congrats Jane! I hope it is all that you desire!
Old July 24th 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:05:10 -0700 (PDT), Jane
wrote:

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:00:03 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:26:38 -0700 (PDT), Jane
> > wrote:
>
> Congrats. Rita wants a little backyard with a fence that will keep her
> in the backyard.

and you know this how? Has Rita told you this?

Yes, I would definitely look for a little backyard, but I'd get her one of those enclosures, rather than just a fence. She's never shown any interest in going outdoors, but I think she might like it if she can feel safe out there.

She likes to *look* and *smell* out the door when the balconey door is open, but has never tried to go out there yet. She did come out exploring once when I was out there, but she slipped right back inside the minute I stood up.
As a former stray, I suspect that she associates the Big Out with fear and hunger.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

That is so true. Marlo came in from the outside during one 8F February
day (I couldn't stand the thought that she was out in that weather)
and she never wants to go out the front door again. It took months
before she was even willing to go into the backyard, and then she
hovered by the door until she was sure that it wouldn't be closing!
She's a bit bolder about it now though.

The enclosure is a great idea. Not to practical for my little
backyard, but for a bigger yard I think it is excellent. Someone on
the group had one built I think.