Purrs for new hobby

Old July 20th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Purrs for new hobby

Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 21st 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Hot Dang, go for it. When you get really good, and you will, make a video
and post it.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 4:56 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

AFA the cats, it sounds like a better fun thing for "terror flight"
than
the Dyson vacuum, for sure. Good wishes with the Gibson. Buy a
box of that liquid bandaid stuff they use on kids. Your fingers will
show wear, shall we say. That's why I switched to trumpet long ago.

Old July 21st 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 20, 5:56*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Good luck with that. Biskit would probably love it. She even loves bad
accordian polka. You can't get her away from the thing. I seriously
wondered if she might be
deaf. Yoda is an old-timer; he's lived through the DD's piano
practicing; DS's
tuba/trumpet practice; same DS learning "Taps" on the bugle as a Boy
Scout.
He'd probably take it in stride.
Bosley, Boots, and Frank would completely wig out and run under the
bed.
Let us know their reaction. I'm curious.

Sherry
Old July 21st 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and congratulations!

--
Joy

Some people own cats and go on to lead normal lives. - Author Unknown

Old July 21st 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jul 20, 6:56 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Lots of luck Mark. DH and I are taking up a new hobby as well -
kayaking. Next weekend we're taking a whitewater kayaking course.
Maybe we can coordinate our learning curves so that by the time we're
learning to run Class III rapids you'll be able to play the classic
river running banjo song.

Julie
Old July 21st 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

That's great!! And you never know which cats are actually going to
*enjoy* your playing.

I think banjo is in that group of instruments where you can pick up a
modicum of proficiency in a short time. I was just having a discussion
about this subject with someone yesterday, because we were talking about
drumming (hand drums, not western drum kit). It takes a lot of time and
practice to become an expert, no matter what instrument you're talking
about, but some instruments have a quick ramp-up time at the beinning,
so you can make decent sounds after only a short time of learning.
Guitar is one. Hand drums are also in this category. Violin and most
horns are *not*, as anyone who has ever lived with a beginner in one of
those instruments can tell you.

Good luck with the playing, it sounds like a lot of fun.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 21st 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Sherry wrote:
On Jul 20, 5:56 pm, Mark Edwards
wrote:
Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats -
Gibson RB Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next
weekend...

Good luck with that. Biskit would probably love it...
...Yoda is an old-timer; he's lived through the DD's piano
practicing; DS's tuba/trumpet practice; same DS learning "Taps"
on the
bugle as a Boy Scout...

Tabs (RB) really didn't mind me learning to play the trumpet. He
tolerated all sorts of tunes. Except for "Last Post". He would
yowl at me, in recognition of the significance of the tune, which
is usually played at the end of a remembrance service. I suspect
he was a reincarnated soldier, or something.

--
MatSav

Old July 21st 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

As soon as I saw the subject line, I thought, Mark has found a highly
scientific way to mess with the cats. I was sort of right.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 21st 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 21, 1:55*am, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
| pipex | dot | com wrote:
Sherry wrote:
On Jul 20, 5:56 pm, Mark Edwards
wrote:
Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats -
Gibson RB Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next
weekend...

Good luck with that. Biskit would probably love it...
...Yoda is an old-timer; he's lived through the DD's piano
practicing; DS's tuba/trumpet practice; same DS learning "Taps"
on the
bugle as a Boy Scout...

Tabs (RB) really didn't mind me learning to play the trumpet. He
tolerated all sorts of tunes. Except for "Last Post". He would
yowl at me, in recognition of the significance of the tune, which
is usually played at the end of a remembrance service. I suspect
he was a reincarnated soldier, or something.

--
MatSav

Matt, that is *really* interesting. That he could discern one tune
from the other; it was not just all noise to him. I've always thought
cats were smarter about things
like that than they get credit for. I like your theory.

Sherry
Old July 21st 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs for your new hobby. Your fingers will be sore until they get callouses
on them.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Soon I will have a new toy with which to terrorize the cats - a Gibson RB
Deluxe Mastertone banjo. I start lessons next weekend.

Please purr that I am able to learn this instrument and that I rapidly
increase in skill.

At any rate, it ought to be fun.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Blanket purrs and purrs request Victor Martinez[_2_] Cat anecdotes 13 May 27th 08 09:56 PM
OT - Hobby Suggestions Needed CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 40 April 30th 08 04:09 PM
Bird watching hobby Ted Davis[_2_] Cat anecdotes 9 November 4th 07 01:29 PM
Sarsi's new hobby Lesley Cat anecdotes 1 June 4th 07 04:29 AM
Do you have a business, service or hobby you'd like to promote? kj Cat health & behaviour 0 July 11th 06 08:53 PM