RSPCA called to account

Old August 9th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default RSPCA called to account

"Fenris" wrote in message

Don't start me on the subject of the RSPCA. They paid a vet to put my cat
down while I was in hospital.
I have no time for them at all.
They are all over the TV here trying to look good by trying to save ducks
and swans, but try and get them out to a badger injured in a road accident
and lying at the side of the road. No chance.
Dogs taken in are given 7 days before they get the needle, slightly more if
they are cute.
I got my lurcher, Trim from there, she was a day from RB.
I immediately understood why her previous owner didn't want her but she
lived with me until she was 14 and got liver cancer.

Old August 9th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Aug 9, 10:08*am, "Christina Websell"
*They paid a vet to put my cat
down while I was in hospital.
I have no time for them at all.

One of those chuggers approached me the other week. I told him I
support my local shelter and the Cats Protection League and he said
"So you're an animal lover then?" and started to launch into the
spiel "You must have heard of the RSPCA"

And I said "The organisation that paid to have an elderly cat put to
sleep without any effort to find an owner when she did have a loving
owner or even to establish whether she was known to any local vet
which would have led her to being returned home..I assure you I would
not give the RSPCA the wipings from my backside" (The language was a
bit more salty than that as you can imagine)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs