It's been 4 years

Old August 10th 03, 03:08 PM
polonca12000

Jen, I do hope Kid stays with you for a very very long time.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"jen.d" wrote in message
. ca...
snip I love you Kid. You're the best cat I'll ever have. I'll love you
so hard
as long as I have you with me here, and then I'll love you that hard when
you're not. tear

Old August 10th 03, 07:25 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default It's been 4 years

{{{{Victor}}}}}

Quetzie will never be really gone as long as he lives on in your
heart.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn
coming up next month on the fifth anniversary of beloved Mojo's
crossing

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 15:07:15 -0500, "Victor M. Martinez"
wrote:

Four years ago today our beloved Quetzie left us for the Rainbow Bridge. I
just read the post I wrote at the time and I'm crying like I did when I
wrote it. You can read it here (TW though): http://tinyurl.com/jio4
He was such a good boy, I'm sure he enjoys looking after us from the RB. A
part of him will always be with us, with me in particular. He taught me
how to love like I never thought I could love somebody.
Thank you Quetzie. We love you and we miss you so much.

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 11th 03, 07:20 AM
jen.d

thanks =) I'm glad someone thinks so..

--
===================
jen dehaan, calgary AB

Old August 12th 03, 08:09 AM
bewtifulfreak

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Four years ago today our beloved Quetzie left us for the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh, Victor, I just got round to reading your original post, and I'm so
sorry. He sounded like a wonderful cat, and it's simply tragic that you had
to lose him so young. My heart goes out to you, as I understand your pain.
There was a gorgeous little stray tuxedo cat that used to visit my husband
in his guard hut at work all the time and keep him company. Eventually we
brought him home, and named him Gaspode (for the character from Terry
Pratchett's Discworld series, the scrappy little talking stray dog). He was
so loving, and so playful; he mustn't have been more than a year old.
Crowley and Greebo had gotten used to only going out in the back garden, but
because Gaspode was used to living rough, he had no fear, and one day he
escaped out the front door. We didn't see him for about three weeks, and
thought that we'd seen the last of him. But one evening we were getting out
of the car, and who should stroll up but Gaspy! We were so thrilled to see
him, but discovered he had a little wound on his neck over his shoulder. I
cleaned it up, and it was a small round hole. My husband said it looked
like a pellet hole, but because I'd thought the same thing with one of my
other cats, and x-rays showed it was only a bite, I thought maybe that was
the case with Gaspode, as he certainly seemed fine. Why I didn't take him
to the vet, I'll never know....then again, I do know, probably out of money
worries, though now I so regret making money an issue. Anyway, I cleaned
the wound with antiseptic, and it healed up fine. And he seemed fine for
about a month, though a little less sociable than usual, which we just wrote
off to something maybe having happened while he was away that made him a bit
wary. Why it never occured to us to make the connection, I'll never know.
But after he was back about a month, one night he came in, and his breathing
was badly labored, and he could barely move. I had to help him to the box,
and he wee'd nothing but a bit of blood. We took him to the vet the next
morning, and it turns out he *had* been shot, and the pellet went through
both his lungs and lodged next to his rib; his body must have tried to heal,
but then got infected, because his lungs and abdomen were filled with fluid,
and his bladder was filled with blood. The vet called with the bad news,
and I broke down and screamed and cried, "Not our baby Gaspode, no, no, no!"
I felt so guilty, he was only a baby. Anyway, she said we could operate,
but it would cost thousands, and there was no guarantee he would live
anyway. Still, we tried to figure out if we could be sneaky and use our
other cat's insurance, as we stupidly hadn't gotten Gaspode insured yet
(money worries again ), and we were desperate to try and save him. But
we realized they wouldn't buy that because our other cats are both all
black, and the doctor 'reassured' us that he probably wouldn't have made it
anyway. Still, I just wish we had been able to exhaust every option before
having to put him to sleep, as we would have done with anyone we loved. As
it was, there was no way in the world we could get that kind of money, so we
simply went back to the vet, told him how much we loved him, and watched him
pass quietly away. We took him home and cuddled him and cried, and the next
day, we buried him in the back garden on his favorite pillow with his kitty
advent calendar and a piece of fur off his favorite toy (I was going to bury
the whole thing with him, but my husband wanted it as a keepsake of him).
Then I nailed two pieces of branch together into a little cross for him,
which is still there now (he died this past December 6th). Our yard is very
bare right now, but we're trying to get it cleared so we can start planting,
and when we do, I'm going to plant something special on his grave, some
lovely flowers with some special significance. I still want to get a
special little gravestone for him, I saw some lovely ones at
RainbowBridgePetMemorials.com.

Anyway, I'm sorry to make you feel more sad, but I just wanted you to know I
could relate very closely to what you went through with Quetzie. Our
beloved pets will never be forgotten, no matter how long or short their time
with us. My heart goes out to you, Victor, and I know Quetzie and Gaspode
are there on the bridge, joyfully frolicking and waiting for us to join
them.

Warmest Wishes,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 12:55 PM
polonca12000

tears It is so terrible if one doesn't have the money needed for the
operation of a beloved kitty.
Hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Oh, Victor, I just got round to reading your original post, and I'm so
sorry. He sounded like a wonderful cat, and it's simply tragic that you

had
to lose him so young. My heart goes out to you, as I understand your

pain.
snip

Old August 13th 03, 05:07 AM
Marina

"jen.d" wrote
Kid is special like this, which is why victors post made me cry. Kid is
still with me, I'm so lucky, but no one knows what is wrong with her. So I
don't know how long I'll be lucky enough to have her.

That's why I spoil her rotten, because I have to treat every day like I
might not have many more.

And she's only 2.

I love you Kid. You're the best cat I'll ever have. I'll love you so hard
as long as I have you with me here, and then I'll love you that hard when
you're not. tear

I know what you mean. Though I love Nikki to bits, for me, Frank is that
special cat. Though he is in quite good health, despite the hyperthyroidism,
he is getting on in years, and I worry at each cough and sneeze. I can't
imagine living without him. It must be so much worse with a cat like Kid,
with whom no-one knows what's wrong, and you can only hope that she will be
there for a long long time. {{{Jen}}}

--
Marina

Old August 13th 03, 05:55 PM
jen.d

[...]

Thanks so much Marina. Your friendship and care has always meant so much to
me. I can completely emphasize with that worry at everything: that's exactly
what its like! That's exactly it! Every little change in anything is
throwing me for a loop. Even though being rational ("moving to a real dry
climate from humidity probably explains why she's drinking a bit more water
now") doesn't work. I think it's pretty bad for all of us. Its like that
saying (whatever it is) about the craziness of loving something we know
lives so much shorter than a human.

Hugs,
Jen.

Old August 13th 03, 06:09 PM
jen.d

[...]

Oh that is such a sad story -- ((((ann)))). You could never have known that
happened to Gaspode... hindsight ... gosh, in hindsight I would have done a
million different things in my life! It's so hard to see things though at
the time, if its even possible. But it certainly sounds like you did
absolutely everything you could to care for him with the resources you had.
That sounds like a beautiful memorial for him.

Purrs,
Jen.