[KFW] Miss Emily's Kittens I

Old July 27th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default [KFW] Miss Emily's Kittens I

I have taken to referring to them as little brother and little sister.

They aren't nervous about being handled now, and have proclaimed me to be
Mount Hoomin. I let Miss Emily out of the crate several times a day, and
the kittens (although CLOSELY supervised) as well.

We had a close encounter earlier, when Miss Emily decided "I want on the
counters like the other cats..." and she jumped up right in Dulce Mae's
face. Dulce Mae growled, grabbed and slapped her and pushed her off the
counter. I told Dulce Mae she was not being nice, and lifted Miss Emily to
a (further away) spot on the counter.

In the meantime, brat 1 and brat 2 are wrestling in the cage, or snoozing
on their backs (I need to carry the camera with me at all times!) or
investigating everything in the cage.

Eventually, they call for Mommy.

I've bought some kitten food for when they are weaned and to supplement
Miss Emily's food.

It is so much fun to watch the little ones march around, and try to
wrestle mama. Miss Emily just bathes them when they get ornery. I also love
watching this family of cats interact with each other.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 27th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

We had a close encounter earlier, when Miss Emily decided "I want on the
counters like the other cats..." and she jumped up right in Dulce Mae's
face.

Oops...

Dulce Mae growled, grabbed and slapped her and pushed her off the
counter. I told Dulce Mae she was not being nice, and lifted Miss
Emily to a (further away) spot on the counter.

That seems like a reasonable solution. Sounds like there's enough
counter for both of them!

It is so much fun to watch the little ones march around, and try to
wrestle mama. Miss Emily just bathes them when they get ornery. I also love
watching this family of cats interact with each other.

There's nothing sweeter than a mama cat with kittens. When I was a
kid we took in a pregnant stray, and kept her until the kittens were
4 weeks old, then we gave away the kittens and took mama to the shelter.
Egads, what we did not understand about cats *or* shelters at the time!!

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful experience. I didn't get to see the
actual birth, but I don't feel cheated out of that, because I did get
to see them from when they were hours old, and watch them grow into
little cats. They were so much fun, and the mom cat was a good mom.

Sometime in the future, when things aren't quite so hectic, cat-wise,
I would love to foster a mother cat with some kittens.

Keep up the great stories. And yes, please take pictures so we can
see more!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 1st 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mark Edwards wrote:
I have taken to referring to them as little brother and little sister.

snip
Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

You are taking such good care of them, Mark.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek