Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old July 14th 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

Default Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rene S wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:42 pm, "
wrote:
any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks...

Try approaching her when she is taking a nap, and right there, do one
paw. And quit. Give her some of her favorite treats. Later, during
another nap, do another paw.

The idea is that she is relaxed and tired, and by the time she becomes
fully alert, you can have that paw done, and it was no big deal.
Eventually, it just isn't a big deal.

This is good advice. I would also not take her into the bathroom. She
might not like the confined space.

Our last 3 cats were Burmese and loved the bathroom especially when it
was hot and steamy - our recently deceased Max would some times play
with the water at our feet from the shower - it's a double shower
partially behind a glass screen so he always got quite wet. He also
dabbled his feet in the lap pool sometimes. Some cats just love water.
He enjoyed being brushed and didn't mind having his claws done, just
laid on his back and very docile. Train them to it when they are kittens.
Old July 14th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
T[_4_]

In article ,
says...

Rene S wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:42 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Some cats do love water. Randy was a tuxedo pattern DSH. I had him for
almost 18 years. He absolutely loved water, he'd even step in the shower
with me to try to lap at the dripping faucet.

But then I've always heard that cats enjoy fresh water or found water.

Angie is a bathroom cat. From the minute you go in and plop your butt
down she's right there with you.

That's the **** house cat syndrome.

Old July 14th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
\jordy\

On Jul 13, 5:23*pm, jweeks wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:23*pm, "\"jordy\"" wrote:

* * Hi. my mom has a cat named Rosie,and about once a month we bring
the cat into the bathroom, in order to trim her claws... the problem
is that Rosie doesn't paticularly enjoy this, to put it mildly... Is
there anything that can be done to have this activity be more
comfortable for Rosie? my mom feels that she needs to cut her claws,
because the longer the claws are, the more they get stuck in various
things and cause various problems etc... this has also harmed my
relationship with my Rosie... We used to be very close and spend time
together... now, Rosie usually avoids me because she associates me
with her getting her claws cut...

* *any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks...

My guy gets a tiny trim every 3-4 weeks, as he's an indoor kitty.
What makes it so much better is if YOU and YOUR MOM don't feel anxiety
when you go to hold him...if you already feel like your cat will
struggle...or feel anxiety, then it's projected onto your kitty..So
he's already feeling the stress before it happens...and that makes it
so much worse. * Try to approach him like it's no big deal...pet him,
speak softly, etc....Hope it helps, Jenny

thanks... but why are you calling Rosie a "him"? I don't think she
would like that... she is such a pretty cat...

Suggestions? Joy Cat anecdotes 11 February 5th 09 02:45 AM
Suggestions for First Aid Kit RudysMom Cat health & behaviour 2 April 18th 08 04:33 PM
Suggestions, Please! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 12 August 13th 06 11:35 PM
Any suggestions.. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 4 March 9th 05 12:24 PM
Suggestions? Yoj Cat anecdotes 27 May 31st 04 08:52 AM