Persia got Furminated!

Old August 3rd 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia got Furminated!

Wow! Persia has always been a very soft kitty but she feels even more like
a bunny than she did before She wasn't quite sure what I was doing when
I used it on her since it isn't a brush. But she didn't put up a fuss. It
really did take off a lot of excess fur and I only gave her a light "once
over". Now she feels softer than ever and I don't have fur wafting up my
nose when she sits in my lap. Cool! What a neat grooming tool.

Jill

Old August 3rd 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 2, 8:04*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Wow! *Persia has always been a very soft kitty but she *feels even more like
a bunny than she did before *She wasn't quite sure what I was doing when
I used it on her since it isn't a brush. *But she didn't put up a fuss. *It
really did take off a lot of excess fur and I only gave her a light "once
over". *Now she feels softer than ever and I don't have fur wafting up my
nose when she sits in my lap. *Cool! *What a neat grooming tool.

Jill

I'm glad she liked it. Frank loves it too, the others not so much.
Like
someone mentioned before, it does have a blade that cuts the hair.
That may be why she feels so soft, she got the coarse ready-to-be
shed hair off and you're feeling that wonderful angora-like underfur.
Bosley/Boots/Kitten are shorthairs and traditional slicker brushes
don't seem to do much good. I need to get out and get another
zoom groom for those three.

Sherry
Old August 3rd 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Sherry wrote:
I'm glad she liked it. Frank loves it too, the others not so much.
Like
someone mentioned before, it does have a blade that cuts the hair.
That may be why she feels so soft, she got the coarse ready-to-be
shed hair off and you're feeling that wonderful angora-like underfur.
Bosley/Boots/Kitten are shorthairs and traditional slicker brushes
don't seem to do much good. I need to get out and get another
zoom groom for those three.

I actually don't think it cuts fur - when I first got mine, I took a
close look at the mechanism, looked up the patent, and also tested
whether it's capable of cutting things in a blade-type action, on
materials such as hair, fur, and paper. It couldn't.

From my observation, what it does is grab hold of fur in its V-shaped
grooves, like a claw hammer grabbing a nail, and yanks the fur out if
it's loose enough.
Old August 3rd 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 2, 10:35*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Sherry wrote:
I'm glad she liked it. Frank loves it too, the others not so much.
Like
someone mentioned before, it does have a blade that cuts the hair.
That may be why she feels so soft, she got the coarse ready-to-be
shed hair off and you're feeling that wonderful angora-like underfur.
Bosley/Boots/Kitten are shorthairs and traditional slicker brushes
don't seem to do much good. I need to get out and get another
zoom groom for those three.

I actually don't think it cuts fur - when I first got mine, I took a
close look at the mechanism, looked up the patent, and also tested
whether it's capable of cutting things in a blade-type action, on
materials such as hair, fur, and paper. *It couldn't.

From my observation, what it does is grab hold of fur in its V-shaped
grooves, like a claw hammer grabbing a nail, and yanks the fur out if
it's loose enough.

Good info., Tak. Furminating is a personal choice, or so it seems.
Frank loves it. Biskit pretty much only lets me Furminate her head.
Bosley
stands for a little of it before he bites me. Kitten won't stand
still
for anything. I don't know about Boots. She is Daddy's girl of course,
and
he'd have to do it.

Sherry
Old August 3rd 10, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Persia has never had coarse fur. They comment at the vets office all the
time about how bunny-like her fur is. But now it feels even moreso. Yep,
I'm liking this de-shedding tool a lot I'm sure my furniture and vacuum
cleaner will like it, too.

Jill

Old August 3rd 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

doesn't match at all with what you think when you spend that much money and
then take it out of the box does it? Lee

Old August 3rd 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

It didn't cost much. I got them (new) on Amazon for $10 each. I got one
for my neighbor. She's mentioned she has to literally vacuum her bed every
morning due to how much Schwartzie and Fedders shed. It took off a lot of
excess fur! I'm happy with the product.

Jill

Old August 3rd 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Cat fur varies a lot, even though Snoopy and Rosie were from the same
litter Rosie's fur was always much softer than Snoopy's. I often
wondered if the had different fathers.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old August 4th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Aug 2, 10:35*pm, Takayuki wrote:

I actually don't think it cuts fur

It does.

From: http://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/inn...tently-obvious

"The first example is the Furminator pet-grooming tool (U.S. Patent
Nos. 6782846 and 7077076). The blade of the Furminator is, as admitted
in the patent, an Oster A5 blade, long used in Sunbeam Corp.’s *
electric hair clippers."

UH OH Persia jmcquown Cat anecdotes 51 December 20th 03 01:59 AM
Persia and the fly bewtifulfreak Cat anecdotes 3 August 17th 03 06:00 PM