Persia's Okay (no worse!)

Old August 15th 12, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia's Okay (no worse!)

Sorry for the delay in providing an update on Persia. She's pretty much
the same BUT she's not throwing up the k/d kibble. I am still mixing a
little FF in with the canned k/d to make it more palatable. I'm to just
keep an eye on her and call the vet if I notice problems. She's been
snuggling with me on the couch and sleeping with me at night

Real life has been keeping me busy. I've been having a problem with my
alarm system not transmitting to the security gate since some time in
mid-July. I couldn't recall the name of the alarm company to call.
They told me they've stopped using the company I called some years ago;
apparently he stopped returning their calls about 3 months ago.

They gave me the name of another guy. He looked at the system and said
he'd never seen a system like this - old. (Duh, it was installed when
the house was built in 1987.) He futzed around with it and placed
several calls to the gate. He charged me $85 and left. I thought he'd
fixed it. Nope. The next week I get another call, it's still not
transmitting to the gate. (And of course it's against the HOA rules to
have a non-working alarm.)

The guys at security called him for me. I also left a message for him.
He didn't call back so they gave me the name of the alarm company I
*know* can fix it and I made an appointment for yesterday. (He chuckled
when I mentioned they complained he wasn't returning their calls.
Apparently he's got a problem with Dataw, too.) Anyway, I was really
ticked to think I'd have to pay another alarm company. But it all
worked out. The guy from the first company called yesterday. He said
he'd actually gotten the programming instructions from that second
company. He took the liberty of cancelling my appointment with them
(they didn't mind because he wasn't going to charge me extra). So now
it works.

I had a really drippy faucet in the kitchen. It's been annoying me for
a couple of moths. It's one of those single-handle kitchen faucets.
The plumber was here for FOUR hours. He stopped the dripping, but when
he reassembled the faucet he had trouble. He said I'd have to turn the
faucet to the right for hot water and left for cold. I started to
protest, but I just wanted to get this guy out of my house! He only
charged me for an hour.

I've used this plumbing company before so as I suspected, yesterday I
got a call to ask if I was happy with the service. I laughed and
explained the hot/cold is reversed. She put me on hold then said
someone would be out in about an hour or so to fix it, no extra charge.
They sent the same guy but he brought someone else with him. That guy
showed him the correct way to put it back together... in about 15
minutes! So, no more dripping and it works the way it should.

Of course I'm still cat-sitting. My neighbor won't be back until the
16th (I have no idea what time or whether I'll need to feed them
"dinner" that day.) She has plenty of c/d and k/d kibble but is down to
two cans of FF. *sigh* Maybe they won't each get a can a day (half in
the morning, half in the evening). I've been supplementing it with a
can or two of the FF I bought for Persia but I need it!

She already had me pick up 6 extra cans the day before she left. I
really don't feel like driving to the store... it's 5 miles just to get
off the island to even a dollar store where they sell FF. It looks like
she'll have enough Tidy Cats litter to last. She's still going to need
to stop at the store on her way home.

Jill
Old August 15th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

You are having a bad time. I hope it improves for you soon.

Tweed

Old August 15th 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad Persia seems to be doing okay. I hope nothing else goes wrong, and
that what was fixed stays fixed. I wouldn't blame you a bit if you told
that woman you wouldn't catsit for her any more. The very least she could
do is make sure she had plenty of supplies before she left. When I go away
for three weeks, I make sure I have at least six weeks worth of everything
on hand.

Joy

Old August 15th 12, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"jmcquown" wrote in message

The very least she could
do is make sure she had plenty of supplies before she left. When I go
away for three weeks, I make sure I have at least six weeks worth of
everything on hand.

There was at least 12 weeks of food for Boyfie when I had to go into
hospital. Lucky, as I was away more than 8 weeks the last time. I had no
idea that this would happen so having a good stock of food in is a good
idea.
It was only by chance that I had so much - when the food he likes was on
offer, I bought more than I needed.
As my health is so precarious even now, I have lots of cat food. Just in
case.

Tweed

Old August 15th 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message . ..

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Same here. In fact, I always have at least 3 cases of cat food on hand,
just in case there would be an unexpected emergency. I also make
arrangements with my cat sitter to continue feeding Holly and Duffy until
she hears from me that I have arrived home. That way, I don't have to worry
if I have been delayed (change in flight information, for example).

MaryL

Old August 16th 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/14/2012 7:53 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Sorry for the delay in providing an update on Persia. She's pretty much
the same BUT she's not throwing up the k/d kibble. I am still mixing a
little FF in with the canned k/d to make it more palatable. I'm to just
keep an eye on her and call the vet if I notice problems. She's been
snuggling with me on the couch and sleeping with me at night

(snipped self)

[...]

Thanks for caring about Persia. She was chattering at some birds
visiting the suet feeder a while ago Now she's snoring on the floor
behind me. She has her paw draped over her nose. Too cute!

I just snapped a few pics. I'll load them onto the computer and post
them in one of her webshots albums. It's wierd how brown her grey fur
looks in certain light.

My neighbor called me last night. I told her she will need to pick up
FF on her way home tomorrow. I told her I've already supplemented their
food with 4 cans I bought for Persia, but I need what I have left. They
aren't getting FF tomorrow. Okay, not a problem. She really should
have planned better. Maybe she's just a little scatterbrained.

Jill
Old August 16th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 15, 8:14*pm, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I'm glad she's doing better. The paw on nose bit always gets me.

--
Will in New Haven