And once again

Old March 28th 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default And once again

About an hour ago kitten was delivered. She is tiny compared to Bonnie who having been given some Nip is being very laid back about the new arrival she did hiss when the kitten got too close to her once but that was all. Kitten has gone into hiding she is under the sofa but near the edge I even managed to touch her for a second but she's not coming out and who can blame her? She was at the vets this afternoon and now she's here- big day for a small kitten I think she's probably tired out after all the excitement I have put a plate of food and water down for her Bonnie sniffed at it then backed off.I want to see her and post photos but she has to come out when she is ready

Her name btw is Apoganza

Lesley

Once again Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 5th 17, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/28/2017 3:45 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
About an hour ago kitten was delivered. She is tiny compared to Bonnie who having been given some Nip is being very laid back about the new arrival she did hiss when the kitten got too close to her once but that was all. Kitten has gone into hiding she is under the sofa but near the edge I even managed to touch her for a second but she's not coming out and who can blame her? She was at the vets this afternoon and now she's here- big day for a small kitten I think she's probably tired out after all the excitement I have put a plate of food and water down for her Bonnie sniffed at it then backed off.I want to see her and post photos but she has to come out when she is ready

Her name btw is Apoganza

Lesley

Once again Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Buffy hid from me for a while before she realized it was safe. Then
again, she was being bullied by another cat in her former household. I
was told she was timid. That's because she had to hide all the time.

Hopefully Apoganza and Bonnie will become friends.

Congrats on the new kitty!

Jill
Old April 5th 17, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:40:44 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Buffy hid from me for a while before she realized it was safe. Then
again, she was being bullied by another cat in her former household.

I had Minnie for six weeks before she stopped freezing in terror if I happened
to walk past her while she was eating. She was skittish about it because early
in her kittenhood she'd been around young children who considered animals that
are stationary for any reason to be fair game. It took her six weeks to figure
out that I have a policy of leaving animals alone when they're eating. Now at
most she glances offhandedly at my feet as I walk by.

She still hides sometimes - but usually not far away. I've learned that 90% of
the time she goes where she can see me, but I can't see her unless I get on the
floor and start looking under and behind tables and chairs until the greenish
glow of her eyes shining at me from the relative darkness reveals her location.

Many times I've gone walking through the whole downstairs looking for her
without success, and upon giving up, I turn around to go back out to the kitchen
and almost trip on her...she'll be directly behind me - probably having followed
me around the entire time I was looking for her. Cats are TOO quiet sometimes!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY