I've made an ass of myself in another ng

Old January 8th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill

Old January 8th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my
dad, but she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when
we were on the phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in
advance if I've offended anyone.

Jill

I'm confused.
--
Adrian

Old January 8th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill

This is going completely over my head, Jill. What did you say to make an
ass of yourself or offend anyone? confused
Do you mean *it's* back?

Tweed

Old January 8th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Jill, but I've read all your
recent posts and none of them seem offensive.

I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad - I'll send some spare purrs that
there's not.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 8th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my
dad, but she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when
we were on the phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in
advance if I've offended anyone.

Jill

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Jill, but I've read all
your recent posts and none of them seem offensive.

I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad - I'll send some spare
purrs that there's not.

Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone. At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

My offer to move down to the South Carolina low country still stands with my
mom. Persia might find the lizards interesting

Jill

Old January 8th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo
doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone.

Ah, I suspected as much. I'm very sorry.
I'm not sure if you can ever escape the big C. Once you've had it I don't
think you rest easy again. I certainly don't.

At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress
of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off
when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

Spout away. There's nothing like a terminal illness to make you angry. I
hope I can also be forgiven for sometimes spouting off inappropriately.

[[[hugs, Jill]]]

Tweed

Old January 9th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 05:50:03p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

hope I can also be forgiven for sometimes spouting off
inappropriately.

Me too!

[[[hugs, Jill]]]

More (((((((((HUGS))))))) for Jill. Purrs and prayers for your dad
that what your mom has to tell you isn't what you think.

--
Cheryl
Old January 9th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Ohmygawd, Jill, I'm *SO* sorry to hear that. Please feel free to spout off
to me at will (if you don't feel comfortable doing it here on the newsgroup,
email me).

Purrs coming that your dad can at least be comfortable.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 9th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awww....Jill, I'm so sorry to hear this.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old January 9th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and prayers on the way that there's some misunderstanding on your
Mom's part and that the outlook isn't as bleak as you fear.
Tolerance should be the order of the day in cases like this one.
Sam