Yes, I am still alive!! ;-)

Old January 12th 05, 05:05 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Yes, I am still alive!! ;-)

On 2005-01-12, CATherine penned:

[snip]

Although it hasn't been devastating here in Colorado

[snip]

Where in Colorado? I live in Longmont and work in Boulder.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 12th 05, 05:12 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , CATherine at
wrote on 1/11/05 9:53 PM:

I have been reading some of the newsgroup; but had no brain power to
respond. i have been stressed out with all kinds of miseries happening
to me over the last couple of months and it all came to a head a few
weeks ago. You know...the probverbial straw! I couldn't take the
stress anymore and the job part of it won't be letting up for a few
more weeks. So I started smoking again. Not as much as i used to. But
I do feel calmer now. Although I wear my hair rather puffy so the
bumps won't show; just in case I decide to beat my head on the wall!!

I realize this year, especially the last six months or so, have been
terrible for practically the whole world. And the weather is crazy.
Although it hasn't been devastating here in Colorado, (tell that one
to my car that got damaged cause I made it hit the curb instead of
another car!) still, it is not fun to swing from 50 degrees F to near
zeroF and back again with slick ice in between! But this weather
cannot compare to the weather elsewhere. Tsunami. Fire. Floods. So
many lives lost and families torn apart. My heart bleeds. I saw one
woman on the news, in Sri Lanka, I think, that was holding her dead
baby and crying and wailing and reaching for help that was too late.
It tore me apart.

I am sending purrs and prayers for all the people in the devastated
areas of the world.

--
CATherine

Sending out rousing purrs for things to begin going better for you.

Old January 12th 05, 05:37 AM
Marina

CATherine wrote:

I am sending purrs and prayers for all the people in the devastated
areas of the world.

And we are sending purrs for your life to become less stressful.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 12th 05, 07:03 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:53:54 +0000, CATherine wrote:

[...]

Tonight on the news at 10PM a special program showed the devastation
occurring in southern Utah. The rivers have overflowed and washed away 12
brand new luxury houses. The saturated ground just could not hold them
and they crumbled into the river... The owners had no flood insurance and
some of them were retirement homes. Of course, this, too, is a drop in
the bucket compared to the Tsumani devastation. The world is a mess and
needs us all to keep up the prayers and purrs. MLB

Old January 12th 05, 03:54 PM
jmcquown

CATherine wrote:
I have been reading some of the newsgroup; but had no brain power to
respond. i have been stressed out with all kinds of miseries happening
to me over the last couple of months and it all came to a head a few
weeks ago. You know...the probverbial straw!

Purrs headed your way; I can definitely relate.

Jill

Old January 12th 05, 08:10 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On 12 Jan 2005 03:53:54 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

[...]

{{{{{CATherine}}}}}}

Same here. You must be empathic, as I am. To me, people on the TV
news are very real, and not just images on a screen. To see the pain
and devastation breaks my heart, and it is very hard sometimes to deal
with the weight of seeing all the pain and grief.

I'm sorry you started smoking again, but if you feel it's okay for you
right now, then that's okay. For my part, I have got it set up to
quit tomorrow. And I am terrified! lol! Eek! A non-smoking me? How
will I ever get over that discrepancy? ;-)

Anyway, I hope you start feeling much better soon.

Ginger-lyn

Old January 12th 05, 10:57 PM
polonca12000

Lots of hugs, purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" wrote in message
I have been reading some of the newsgroup; but had no brain power to
respond. i have been stressed out with all kinds of miseries happening
to me over the last couple of months and it all came to a head a few
weeks ago. snip

Old January 13th 05, 05:01 PM
Christine Burel

I'm sorry, Catherine, that RL has been so hard recently for you -- glad to
see you posting on the group. I hope that things start looking up for you.
Purrs from us,
Christine and Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old January 13th 05, 07:01 PM
Adrian

CATherine wrote:
[...]

Purrs that life gets better for you in 2005, and next time you stop
smoking it'll be forever.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

still alive Pat Cat anecdotes 3 December 30th 04 04:23 PM
Elvis is Alive Bev Cat anecdotes 6 September 20th 04 08:24 PM