Late night drama

Old April 13th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
shawn

Default Late night drama

We live in the country.
This time of year, the whole house just smells like skunk. (mating season.)

The other night, one went off near the house. (A skunk, I mean)

I mentioned to DW that this one smelled particularly strong, and she
just replied, "welcome to spring". She then decided the furrballs
needed to come in for the night.

I settled down in the sofa, and started looking for something to watch
on the television.

About then, She started screaming "Tootsie is foaming at the mouth" and
my smallest came dashing around the corner, just glistening from the
skunk spray. (right in the face.) Mama running after her, slipping and
sliding around the corners.

DW is a city girl, and has never before had the pleasure of having a
pet being skunk sprayed. She thought the kitty was sick, and didn't
connect the overpowering stench with the kitty sickness.

Before I could stop her, she had scooped up her sick kitty and now "I"
had a problem. (I have to sleep with this woman.)

Suffice to say that the evening ended with mama and kitty both standing
in the tub, both bawling while I poured anti-skunk solution over the
both of them. (mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Works
amazingly well)

(They both still stink some.)
Old April 13th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 13, 8:27 am, shawn wrote:
[...]

Make dem seep inda BASEment. Dat's wut we do wit Bear. He is a d*g who
plays wif skunks. Unkl Bill did two bud he won't seep inda basement,
so we let him sleep in his rum after he took a looong baf wiff speshul
stuff.

Sunrise, da PRETTY one

Old April 13th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:27:56 -0500, shawn wrote:

[...]

My deepest sympathy to all. Purrs that they may smell sweet again! MLB

Old April 13th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Thanks for the laugh. Now you owe me a new computer
keyboard since I spewed diet coke all over the one I
had while reading your message.

Lily's mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 13th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Irulan" wrote

| Thanks for the laugh. Now you owe me a new computer
| keyboard since I spewed diet coke all over the one I
| had while reading your message.

You'd be amazed at how much abuse some keyboards can take and still
function. Mine's a Compaq and it just keeps on going. It's gotta be at least
6 years old. (I could use a new one cuz the keys often get stuck in the down
position but my funds are incredibly low right now. Been going to have a
yard sale again but we haven't had a clear Saturday for quite some time.
Maybe next week... meanwhile the laughs keep me going in spite of other
troubles!)

Old April 13th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Apr 13, 5:27 am, shawn wrote:
[...]

You have my sympathies, but LOL, all the same! Poor kitty, what an
unpleasant experience!

My cousin's dog, Theda, a short haired brown and white spotted mutt,
had an unfortunate encounter with a skunk also, necessitating a
great deal of tomato juice bathing to de-skunk her. For a week after
that incident, Theda was a PINK and brown, slightly smelly mutt. =o)

Melissa

Old April 13th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Shiral" wrote
| shawn wrote:
| We live in the country.
| This time of year, the whole house just smells like skunk. (mating
season.)

| The other night, one went off near the house. (A skunk, I mean)
|
| I mentioned to DW that this one smelled particularly strong, and she
| just replied, "welcome to spring". She then decided the furrballs
| needed to come in for the night.
|
| I settled down in the sofa, and started looking for something to watch
| on the television.
|
| About then, She started screaming "Tootsie is foaming at the mouth" and
| my smallest came dashing around the corner, just glistening from the
| skunk spray. (right in the face.) Mama running after her, slipping and
| sliding around the corners.
|
| DW is a city girl, and has never before had the pleasure of having a
| pet being skunk sprayed. She thought the kitty was sick, and didn't
| connect the overpowering stench with the kitty sickness.
|
| Before I could stop her, she had scooped up her sick kitty and now "I"
| had a problem. (I have to sleep with this woman.)
|
| Suffice to say that the evening ended with mama and kitty both standing
| in the tub, both bawling while I poured anti-skunk solution over the
| both of them. (mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Works
| amazingly well)
|
| (They both still stink some.)
|
| You have my sympathies, but LOL, all the same! Poor kitty, what an
| unpleasant experience!
|
| My cousin's dog, Theda, a short haired brown and white spotted mutt,
| had an unfortunate encounter with a skunk also, necessitating a
| great deal of tomato juice bathing to de-skunk her. For a week after
| that incident, Theda was a PINK and brown, slightly smelly mutt. =o)

Long time ago I taught myself to relish skunk odors. Think about it for a
minute... All our lives we've heard from other people - and it usually
starts long before we ever have the experience of smelling skunk odor - that
it's a "very bad" smell. But the truth is, it's just an odor, and it's
equally easy to enjoy it as to despise it, if one makes the effort.

Old April 13th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 13 Apr 2007 13:32:32 -0700, "Shiral"
yodeled:

On Apr 13, 5:27 am, shawn wrote:
[...]

Reminds me of one of the Stink's great hoolikitten escapades-- the day
he got a cocoa tin out of the kitchen cabinet, somehow pried it open,
got cocoa all over the floor, then rolled around in it. My eyes
almost fell out when I saw I suddenly had a (very chocolatey) calico.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 13th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:45:37 -0500, "Pat"
yodeled:

"Shiral" wrote
| shawn wrote:
| We live in the country.
| This time of year, the whole house just smells like skunk. (mating
season.)

| The other night, one went off near the house. (A skunk, I mean)
|
| I mentioned to DW that this one smelled particularly strong, and she
| just replied, "welcome to spring". She then decided the furrballs
| needed to come in for the night.
|
| I settled down in the sofa, and started looking for something to watch
| on the television.
|
| About then, She started screaming "Tootsie is foaming at the mouth" and
| my smallest came dashing around the corner, just glistening from the
| skunk spray. (right in the face.) Mama running after her, slipping and
| sliding around the corners.
|
| DW is a city girl, and has never before had the pleasure of having a
| pet being skunk sprayed. She thought the kitty was sick, and didn't
| connect the overpowering stench with the kitty sickness.
|
| Before I could stop her, she had scooped up her sick kitty and now "I"
| had a problem. (I have to sleep with this woman.)
|
| Suffice to say that the evening ended with mama and kitty both standing
| in the tub, both bawling while I poured anti-skunk solution over the
| both of them. (mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Works
| amazingly well)
|
| (They both still stink some.)
|
| You have my sympathies, but LOL, all the same! Poor kitty, what an
| unpleasant experience!
|
| My cousin's dog, Theda, a short haired brown and white spotted mutt,
| had an unfortunate encounter with a skunk also, necessitating a
| great deal of tomato juice bathing to de-skunk her. For a week after
| that incident, Theda was a PINK and brown, slightly smelly mutt. =o)

Long time ago I taught myself to relish skunk odors. Think about it for a
minute... All our lives we've heard from other people - and it usually
starts long before we ever have the experience of smelling skunk odor - that
it's a "very bad" smell. But the truth is, it's just an odor, and it's
equally easy to enjoy it as to despise it, if one makes the effort.

I'm sorry, I can't buy this. We can train ourselves to "enjoy" all
bad smells? We evolved this way so our ancestors would know enough
not to eat things like rotting flesh, waste products, things loaded
down with bacteria and naturally-occuring (and other) chemicals that
aren't good for us. If a smell makes me gag, I somehow don't believe
I could "train" myself to like that smell.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 13th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

Reminds me of one of the Stink's great hoolikitten escapades-- the day
he got a cocoa tin out of the kitchen cabinet, somehow pried it open,
got cocoa all over the floor, then rolled around in it. My eyes
almost fell out when I saw I suddenly had a (very chocolatey) calico.

Calico? What color was this cocoa??

Joyce