Instant forgiveness

Old July 15th 12, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Instant forgiveness

I was just trying to clip Roxy's claws. Earlier I had gotten 3 from
one paw, so I decided to try for the other. I managed to clip 4 claws
while she growled and squirmed and whined. For a minute I thought she
might try to bite me. After I was finished, I thought about trying to
get that last claw on the first paw, but then decided she'd had enough
and I let her go. I figured that she was going to run off, hunch down
under some furniture and glower for a while, but no. Instead, she ran
to the middle of the living room onto the throw rug, flopped down,
rolled onto her side and curled up her front paws in the classic "cute
fetching kitty" pose and then tilted her head at me expectantly. She
wanted me to go over and pet her!

Short attention span? An attempt to get me to give her treats? (If
the second one was her motive, it worked.)

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old July 15th 12, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww! Sounds like you both accomplished your mission. You got the claws
(-1) clipped and she got petted and treats Good job!

Jill

Old July 16th 12, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
I was just trying to clip Roxy's claws. Earlier I had gotten 3 from
one paw, so I decided to try for the other. I managed to clip 4 claws
while she growled and squirmed and whined. For a minute I thought she
might try to bite me. After I was finished, I thought about trying to
get that last claw on the first paw, but then decided she'd had enough
and I let her go. I figured that she was going to run off, hunch down
under some furniture and glower for a while, but no. Instead, she ran
to the middle of the living room onto the throw rug, flopped down,
rolled onto her side and curled up her front paws in the classic "cute
fetching kitty" pose and then tilted her head at me expectantly. She
wanted me to go over and pet her!

Short attention span? An attempt to get me to give her treats? (If
the second one was her motive, it worked.)

I admire you for getting that far! Kitty had a million claws like sabres
and the chance of clipping them was zero. You say she looked so innocent
but she was a big bad girl in a very small body and that spirit helped her
survive years outside whilst having her beady eye on moving in here as soon
as she knew my last dog had gone to RB.
I have two photos somewhere on my computer that show her looking into a 2
gallon bucket and against a watering can which gives you an idea of scale.
She was really tiny, maybe 4lbs but she was really brave and fierce. And
grumpy! If I can find them I will upload to Flickr

Old July 17th 12, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I was just trying to clip Roxy's claws. Earlier I had gotten 3 from
one paw, so I decided to try for the other. I managed to clip 4 claws
while she growled and squirmed and whined. For a minute I thought she
might try to bite me... she ran
to the middle of the living room onto the throw rug, flopped down,
rolled onto her side and curled up her front paws in the classic "cute
fetching kitty" pose and then tilted her head at me expectantly. She
wanted me to go over and pet her!

I admire you for getting that far! Kitty had a million claws like sabres
and the chance of clipping them was zero. You say she looked so innocent
but she was a big bad girl in a very small body and that spirit helped her
survive years outside whilst having her beady eye on moving in here as soon
as she knew my last dog had gone to RB.

Roxy is mostly good-tempered. She growled when I clipped her claws, but
didn't show any other aggression. However, that's more crabby than she used
to be. I never used to hear this much complaining. She's getting crotchety!

I have two photos somewhere on my computer that show her looking into a 2
gallon bucket and against a watering can which gives you an idea of scale.
She was really tiny, maybe 4lbs but she was really brave and fierce. And
grumpy! If I can find them I will upload to Flickr

Yes, please do - I'd love to see them.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher