A memorial service for Uncle Serge

Old May 5th 12, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Default A memorial service for Uncle Serge

It is a chilly, drizzly day in Dumont, NJ. At the intersection of
Washington Avenue and New Milford Avenue stands a church. Heavy traffic
flows through the intersection, but one block to the east Park Avenue is
quiet. Very little traffic moves here, just a few cars turning in to the
parking lot at St Mary's church. Across the street from the church
parking lot 4 kitties stand in the rain watching. A plump tortoiseshell
girlcat speaks.

Amelia: Ok, guys, this is the place. There is Serge's cousin and her
husband getting out of there car and going in. Let's head over there, I
see that the street is clear now.

[The kitties check carefully for traffic, then dash across the street.
Amelia leads them along the north wall of the church until she spots a
basement window that is marked with paw prints. She paws the window open,
then all four cats drop down onto a shelf. At the end of the shelf is a
ramp down to the floor. At the base of the ramp is a paw-sized light
switch. Amelia turns on the lights and nods in satisfaction.]

Amelia: Yes, this *is* the place. This is the kitty chapel. Sammy, please
check the GPS coordinates, and if they match what we were given then send
an update message to all of the Community's teleporters. We want
everykitty who wants to participate to be able to find this place.
Ranger, I think the Serge memorabilia should be in that closet over
there. Would you go look please? And Harri, let's you and I check that
everything is in place for the community.

[Harri and Amelia check that there are comfortable cushions all around
the room, some sized for one cat, some big enough for several cats to
share. Harri checks that there are boxed of tissues placed all around the
room. Ranger calls out to them from the front of the room.]

Ranger: Amelia, I finded da stuff an putted it on da table at da front of
da room. Dere's a bigbig pikchoor of Unka Serge in da center of da table,
an a pichoor of Anais, and pikchoors of Cybele an Orianne, an a couple of
da Hawaiin shirts dat him made, an a pipe, an a box of ceegars, an a
boddle of wine, an menus from some really fancy restaurants. Is dat da
way you wanted it?

Amelia, softly: Yes, Ranger, that's fine. Harri, did you bring the
catellite phone?

[Harri paws over the catellite phone, and Amelia adjusts it to broadcast
to the whole Community.]

Amelia: Meow, everykitty. This is Amelia T Cat. Everykitty is invited to
join us fur a memorial service in honor of our Uncle Serge. Your
teleporters are loaded with the coordinates if you want to come.

Old May 5th 12, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

If you were standing outside the church you would think your eyes swear
playing tricks on you. There are decorative rocks in the flower bed and,
if you were paying close attention they seemed to be multiplying. Only the
Cats know these many "things" are porters bringing mourners to the service.

Old May 5th 12, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

[Kitties stand around the kitty chapel, some finding comfortable seats,
others talking and remembering. From a side door Anuit, the High
Priestess of Bast, enters the room and starts lighting candles and
censors on the table on which the Serge memorabilia have been placed. Off
to the side of the front of the room the famed musician Hercue Lenoir
pulls open a door to an alcove holding an organ keyboard. He presses a
big green button on the wall, and the front wall of the chapel slides
open to reveal a huge bank of organ pipes. At a nod from Anuit, Hercule
plays Chopin's "Trauer Marsch" followed by the Introit from Verdi's
"Requiem". As he plays the sound of the organ fills the small room, and
outside the building the music reverbrates from walls and cars. Humans in
the neighborhood stop and try to identify where the sound is coming from,
as none of them know of the massive organ. Anuit then walks slowly to the
microphone at the dais.

Anuit: My brothers and sister in Felinity, and our honored non-feline
guests, welcome. We are gathered here to celebrate the life of a human
who greatly live kitties and contributed greatly to the Community, Serge
Luciano Dasara. Serge was first introduced to us by the beautiful Mme.
Anais, who had the great responsibility of introducing Serge to the world
of a cat servant, as he had not previously had that honor. Following Mme.
Anais' journey to the Rainbow Bridge, Serge continued fulfilling his
obligations to catdom by bringing the Two Sisters, Cybele and Orianne,
into his house. During the period of his service to catdom he helped to
coordinate many of the Community's adventures, as well as offering
support and friendship to many of this Community's human servants. Two
weeks ago today Serge made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge, where he
reunited with Mme. Anais and was able to catch up with the many member of
our family who have crossed the Bridge before us. Serge today joins all
of our family members in looking down from the Bridge, keeping an eye on
us all.

I would now like to invite the members of this community, feline,
canine, human, or otherwise, to tell us of the things that Serge meant to
you, and of the things that come to mind when you think of him. Who would
like to go first?
Old May 5th 12, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

My name is soft and this hoomin is furree, we have come to show our great
respect for Serge. He was one of the truest friends we have ever had either
or real life. I can say thWe can say this with confidence as he showed us
nothing but love and support during our good times and even more during our
bad times, His nature was such that when we had a good thing happin he was
there to listen, support and cheer us on. During our bad times, he was also
there to cheer us on, show support and love and comfort us. When our house
burnt he waited a few days then called us, he continued to call every week
or so just to check up on us. Most recently when furree had a stroke and
then surgery, then another stroke he prayed for us, and showed nothing but
loving concern, he celebrated ever small bit of progress and cried at every
setback.

He showed us all this love and support even when he realised he himself
would have to undergo surgery and we were in some small part able to return
some support and love, he was so pleased when iwe told him of the prayer
lists we had placed him on and he was optomistic even as he entered the
hospital.

We will always cherish our friendship with such a wonderful man, cat servant
and all around good member of society.

His Mme. A. was winked to our Tiger who sadly went to the bridge after our
house fire, that was another time, there are so many when he truly felt our
pain and showed support.

One of the joys we were able to share with him was our love of cats, he was
so heartbroken when Mme. A. went to the rainbow bridge, but his joy at
finding the two sisters was also something he shared with us...

we could go on forever but there are so many who wish to speak that is all
we will say...

soft anna furree who took turns speaking because neither could do more than
a sentence or two at a time or they would have cried...

Old May 5th 12, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Gramby who has been invited by her four furr friends goes to the dais. She
wipes away some tears then begins.

Oh Serge my friend, this is Gramby, where do I start. I met you on line
after my husband died. Being nearly blind there was so much paperwork to
try and do. You helped me sort it out and you will never know how much I
appreciated that.

We then discovered we both liked sewing and many months were taken up with
that. You were so pleased when your friend made a pattern that just “fit”
you. You feeling you were such an odd shape and all. You loved the
brightly material I sent and clled a couple of them your "whoopie, here I am
shirts."

You then discovered Lee and I liked Wine and you were very helpful there.
Not that we could afford what you drank but sometimes we did. Your guidance
among the fancy food saved me from being embarrassed so many times.

Then, I mentioned I smoked a cigar from time to time and IT WAS ON. I
sampled so many from you and ones you suggested. After my Heart attack, you
called almost every day for a long time. You sent tid bits of things to
cheer me. I loved you for that. You then inherited my humidor, as I gave
up cigars. Well, for the most part I did. Have had a couple in your honor
of late.

When you were unemployed for so long, I tried to be there for you. I
remember your sadness when you sold your last electric guitar on EBAY. Lee
and I sent you mini care packages and you laughed at the “Road Kill” rub.
The directions for making Moonshine cracked you up.

I could go on because there were all the people you helped with words,
contributions when necessary, and just human warmth and support.
God has blessed us all for having you in our lives. Rest well in His arms
and know you were loved.

Old May 5th 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

I would now like to invite the members of this community, feline,
canine, human, or otherwise, to tell us of the things that Serge meant
to you, and of the things that come to mind when you think of him. Who
would like to go first?

I remember that Uncle Serge first joined the Community not long after my
Paw did. Since my Paw was new to the Community and Uncle Serge was new,
Paw felt especially comfortable talking with Serge. The more they talked,
the more my Paw realized that they had many common interests, the most
important of which of course was a love for cats.

Serge dearly loved Mme. Anais and came to value her company as one of the
most important parts of his life. He also enjoyed good wines, good food,
good cigars and pipes, and enjoyed shaving and writing with classical
instruments. He had experiencing travelling though Europe and enjoyed
those travels. He was also very well read and well educated, and had a
graduate degree in IT as well as a law degree.

When my grandmeowmie was diagnosed with cancer, Serge called my Paw to
offer his support. Likewise when my humans figured out that they would
have to leave southern Catifurnia and move to Iowa, and when my
Grandmeowmie made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. When Serge was
himself hospitalized with a ruptured appendix, my Paw called to offer his
support, and they learned even more that they shared a lot of common
philosophies. When Mme. Anais had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge with no
prior notice, Paw even called Serge to talk with him.

My Paw remembers when Serge said that he wanted to learn to sew. Paw
assumed that he would do like most humans, and start with something
simple. When Serge said that he wanted his first project to be a dress
shirt with french cuffs Paw suggested that he might want to start with
something simpler, but Serge insisted. And his first project was
successful - his dress shirt came out just fine. He made a good number of
Hawaiian shirts as well. Over all, Serge was a very remarkable human
being. The Community and humanity itself will be much poorer with the
loss of Serge Dasara.

Uncle Serge, you leave a big hole in a lot of hearts.

Amelia
Old May 5th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Piglett sits quietly listening to Amelia. She smiles thinking of the
conversation that went on at her house about Unkle Serge trying to make da
dress shirt. He had too have it perfect of it was no go.

She quietly reaches into the box of kleenex near her. She smiles realizing
they are imprinted with the same logo as on the t shirts for tomorrows walk.

Old May 5th 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 5 May 2012 18:47:53 GMT, Community Cats wrote:

[...]

Cinder heer. My human was going to send Serge a joke Kissamouse
present in December, the worst possible Mew York necktie, in honor of
his years spent there.
Old May 5th 12, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

[...]

My furrmal nayme iz Petunia, an mine Meowmee iz mine sekkerterree.
Wunz inna wile hur wud get emailz frum Unka Serge...Lyke wen cutie
gotted lozt, an
oddur tymez tuu. Affur Anais went tu da bridge, Da Gurlz emaild tu
offurr pinkponk bawlz. Serge had ordered a Gross of them for Anais, and
offurt da remainder of mozt of them to us. Meowmee replyd dat a duzzin
or so wud be pleeny, and they arrift in dza mayle.

I wud like tu shayer summa dem wiff u awl tudae,
(I tied bowz on eatsh wun)...

O* *O *O O* *O *O O*
*O *O O* *O *O O* *O *O
O8 O8 O8 O8 O8 O8
O8 O8 O8 O8 O8 O8

Dat shud be enuff.
It izza konekshun wiff Unka Serge an Anais, at The Bridge.
--
Pit.nya

Old May 6th 12, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Default A full moon during Serge's memorial service

[Anuit again steps to the dais]

Kitties, tonight is a very special night - tonight we observe a perigee-
syzygy. This is where the moon makes it's closest approach to the earth,
at the same time that the full moon reaches it's peak of fullness. It is
extremely rare for both aspects to occur together, but tonight they occur
less than a minute apart. This means that at it's very peak the moon will
appear clearer and larger than normal.

We have arranged for the windows to retract to give us a clear view of
the full moon.

[She signals Sammy Redcat, who pulls a lever that causes the windows to
retract. All of the kitties get a clear view of the full moon. As they
watch, clouds start to drift across the face of the full moon. To those
who look closely, the clouds have the shape of cats, in various poses,
singly and in groups. The effect is that of dozens and dozens of shadow-
cats dancing across the face of the full moon. One of the cat images,
which looks suspiscously like a Persian show cat, lingers at roughly the
center of the full moon. The shadow of a large, lean boy cat bounces
across the lunar face, stopping beside the show cat shadow, and they
drift away together.

For the better part of 30 minutes these phantom cat shadows dance through
the moonlight. After they have gamboled freely, the clouds drift more
slowly and finally come to rest. At this point watchers see a ring of
phantom cats, completely surrounding the moon. The clouds begin to slowly
disperse, drifting into faint patches that finally disappear.

Anuit, too moved for words, returns to the table at the front of the room
and sits quietly.]