Weaning Levi?

Old March 15th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Weaning Levi?

Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached to
my face a lot of the time. As cute as he is (and he's the cutest cat
EVER), I've been cutting him back on his suckling time recently. I guess
tonight he decided he was going to get his lip no matter what.

I was standing in the kitchen, and, since he follows me everywhere, he was
on the floor at my feet. He looked up at me, meowed, and when I looked
down at him he jumped straight up from the floor onto my chest, with his
front feet on my shoulder. I was shocked at the feat--I'm not short at
5'6"! Thankfully my hands were empty so I immediately cradled him in my
arms and then of course I let him suckle for a while. I've never had a cat
jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip.

--
Lynne
Old March 15th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 15 Mar, 02:03, Barry wrote:
Lynne wrote:

I've never had a cat

jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip.

yah, I think you should have yourself checked for worms.

Barry

don't forget how they keep them butt-holes clean.. or did you help him?

Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
He sounds so sweet....
S;o)

Old March 15th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:15:17 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
He sounds so sweet....
S;o)

He's extra cuddlesome every night (and day)! I swear this litte boy thinks
I'm his mama, and I don't mind. I wonder what he's going to think of the
puppy (Golden Retriever) when he gets here in 2 weeks.

By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on his
rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.

He cracks me up!

--
Lynne
Old March 15th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Wed 14 Mar 2007 08:59:35p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:IY-
:

I figure he earned some lip.

He sure did. LOL Cute story!

--
Cheryl

Old March 15th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:59:35 -0500, Lynne wrote:

Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached
to my face a lot of the time. As cute as he is (and he's the cutest cat
EVER), I've been cutting him back on his suckling time recently. I guess
tonight he decided he was going to get his lip no matter what.

I was standing in the kitchen, and, since he follows me everywhere, he was
on the floor at my feet. He looked up at me, meowed, and when I looked
down at him he jumped straight up from the floor onto my chest, with his
front feet on my shoulder. I was shocked at the feat--I'm not short at
5'6"! Thankfully my hands were empty so I immediately cradled him in my
arms and then of course I let him suckle for a while. I've never had a
cat jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip.

What about claws? MLB

Old March 15th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:
Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
He sounds so sweet....
S;o)

He's extra cuddlesome every night (and day)! I swear this little boy thinks
I'm his mama, and I don't mind. I wonder what he's going to think of the
puppy (Golden Retriever) when he gets here in 2 weeks.

Awwwhhh Bless him, lol;o)
Of course he thinks that you are his mummy!! And when he gets a bit
bigger, then you will become his personal whimsical slave instead..he
loves you lotssss

I think he has a really BIG character. Levis is most definately
unique, that is for sure....

I hope that they will get along just fine ( rather like my own pair!).
I think that the fact that he is still quite young will go a long way
in the bonding process too....
By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on his
rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.

I can just imagine it, he he...

Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.
I like news of Levis, he makes us laugh too
He cracks me up!
Lynne

Us as well, lol!!
S;o)

Old March 15th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article . com,
sheelagh wrote:

Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.

It's starting to get warm here in Nevada. 90F today.

Bubba finds the spot where the airconditioning blows and will
spend the whole day in that spot in that position.

I can almost hear him whispering:

"Lion Cut"
"Lion Cut"
"Lion Cut, Please"
Old March 15th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:58:32 GMT, mlbriggs wrote:

What about claws? MLB

I keep them trimmed very short. He never even tries to use them on me,
though. I was surprised he didn't when he jumped up onto my chest.

--
Lynne
Old March 15th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:09:01 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.

I love it when cats do that! Levi has just started exposing his tummy to
me for rubs, another first for me. None of my males have let me do that,
even Rudy, who trusts me to do pretty much everything else (pill him, cut
his claws, brush his teeth, etc).

--
Lynne