COPY YAHOO PHOTO ALBUM

Old July 16th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
murali_ks

Default COPY YAHOO PHOTO ALBUM

I have received a link to yahoo photo album containing several albums. Each
album has many pictures. I would like to copy all these albums into my own
yahoo album.

Does any one know how to copy each album ( not the pictures individually)
to my hard drive or to another yahoo account .

Thanks

Murali_ks
Old July 16th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

murali_ks wrote:
I have received a link to yahoo photo album containing several
albums. Each album has many pictures. I would like to copy all
these albums into my own yahoo album.

Does any one know how to copy each album ( not the pictures
individually) to my hard drive or to another yahoo account .

Thanks

Murali_ks

This is a very peculier first post to usenet, certainly not on topic. Why
would anybody here want to help you infringe copyright?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 16th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
murali_ks

I am not infringing copyright. I received a link to access the photos. Why
should not I save the pictures in my hard disk. I would not have received
the link if it is a secret matter. I could have saved them by copying
individually. I only asked for shot cut procedure.

Where is the infringment of copyright. Those whio want to reply my post,
would do so because it is a general matter regarding yahoo photos. Why
should you take decision on behalf of others questiong their right or
decision to help me. It shouldnt bother you. If you do not want to help,
just say so.

Adrian A wrote:
I have received a link to yahoo photo album containing several
albums. Each album has many pictures. I would like to copy all

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Old July 16th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Yes, that is infringement of copyright (at least, under U.S. law) unless you
have been given permission to copy. Receiving a link invites you to *look,*
not to copy -- and especially not co copy entire albums. According to the
U.S. Copyright Office, copyright is automatically obtained as soon as a work
is created, and publication of a copyright notice is not required. Of
course, it's true that not much attention is paid unless a person tries to
use those items for personal gain (including using them in your own web
page). Many people confuse copyright with registration, which does confer
extra protection.

MaryL

Old July 16th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

murali_ks wrote:
I am not infringing copyright. I received a link to access the
photos. Why should not I save the pictures in my hard disk. I
would not have received the link if it is a secret matter. I could
have saved them by copying individually. I only asked for shot cut
procedure.

Where is the infringment of copyright. Those whio want to reply my
post, would do so because it is a general matter regarding yahoo
photos. Why should you take decision on behalf of others questiong
their right or decision to help me. It shouldnt bother you. If you
do not want to help, just say so.

You are very ignorant. You didn't take the photos therefore they are not
yours to copy. Your post has nothing to do with cats. Top posting is poor
netiquate.

PLONK

Old July 16th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:20:52 GMT, "murali_ks" u24173@uwe wrote:

I have received a link to yahoo photo album containing several albums. Each
album has many pictures. I would like to copy all these albums into my own
yahoo album.

Does any one know how to copy each album ( not the pictures individually)
to my hard drive or to another yahoo account .

The usual tool for this is WGET for Windows and Linux. It can grab
part of a site, and if you forget to use the --no-parent switch, the
entire site. It's a command line utility that usually comes with
Linux, and can be downloaded from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm for Windows.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old July 16th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
murali_ks

This is a family album of our family. I have already taken permission to
copy. I am not violating any rights.

MaryL wrote:
Yes, that is infringement of copyright (at least, under U.S. law) unless you
have been given permission to copy. Receiving a link invites you to *look,*
not to copy -- and especially not co copy entire albums. According to the
U.S. Copyright Office, copyright is automatically obtained as soon as a work
is created, and publication of a copyright notice is not required. Of
course, it's true that not much attention is paid unless a person tries to
use those items for personal gain (including using them in your own web
page). Many people confuse copyright with registration, which does confer
extra protection.

MaryL

I am not infringing copyright. I received a link to access the photos.
Why

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Old July 16th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:51:04 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

Yes, that is infringement of copyright (at least, under U.S. law) unless you
have been given permission to copy. Receiving a link invites you to *look,*
not to copy -- and especially not co copy entire albums. According to the
U.S. Copyright Office, copyright is automatically obtained as soon as a work
is created, and publication of a copyright notice is not required. Of
course, it's true that not much attention is paid unless a person tries to
use those items for personal gain (including using them in your own web
page). Many people confuse copyright with registration, which does confer
extra protection.

Looking with a browser involves making copies of the pages and their
images, therefore, permission to copy is implicit in posting.
However, there is a difference in how the stuff is copied and for what
purpose. Some sites block automated copying in a ROBOTS.TXT file, and
most owners either state or assume that the material will not actually
be used by someone else except under the fair use doctrine or with
permission. The sites I manage range from 'don't care' to password
protected.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old July 16th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Sorry, in that case you are correct. There have been so many instances of
people taking copyrighted material for their own use that I thought this
might be the same situation. Many people assume that everything on the
Internet is somehow "up for grabs," and I did not realize from your message
that this is a family album. I should have asked,.

MaryL

Old July 16th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

No, permission to copy is *not* implicit in posting. However, the OP in
this case just posted a message that he was taling about a family album
where he has been given permission.

MaryL