Evening walk

Old October 4th 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Evening walk

Late this afternoon I had to do a couple of errands in the small
business district near my house. After I was done, I looked down
a very inviting-looking residential street and decided to take
a little walk.

At about the 3rd house I passed, I saw a cute orange cat rolling
around on the driveway, so of course I had to stop. He was extremely
friendly, rubbing against me, making little trilling noises, and
putting his paw up on my leg as though asking me to pick him up.
(So I tried that, but he didn't seem thrilled, so I put him back
down.)

Before long, I was sitting in the driveway with the cat draped
across my lap, purring up a storm. Then he started kneading on my
fleece jacket. What a friendly, affectionate guy. He had that
lanky look of almost-adult, maybe just under a year old. That made
me think he might be playful, so I broke off a long piece of grass
and dragged it along the ground. He went crazy! I had him racing
back and forth and around in circles. At one point he came around
so fast that he banged his head right into my hand. He immediately
went off into some grass and started washing. I broke off a
second piece and waved it again and he was back in pursuit.
Eventually I went on with my walk, leaving him happily chewing
on the subdued and thoroughly killed piece of greenery.

Later, I was passing another house and a pretty calico saw me
going by and ran to me, trilling and mewing. So once again, I found
myself sitting on some stairs, petting a strange cat who didn't
seem to think I was a stranger. The very second I stopped petting
her she would bat my hand and meow at me reproachfully.

As I continued on my walk, I was thinking about how friendly the
cats in that neighborhood were. Then it dawned on me - it was about
7 PM. Dinnertime! Apparently their humans weren't home, so maybe
they hoped that I might do the honors. But whatever the reason, it
was an enjoyable walk enhanced by friendly feline encounters.

By the time I got back to my car, it was dark and the moon was
out - a full moon. It was cool and very breezy, leaves were blowing
all around, and it really felt like fall.

Joyce

--
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck. -- the Dalai Lama
Old October 4th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
[...]

It really is a lovely evening. I'm so glad you got out and enjoyed
it.

I went out just a little while ago to call for Molly. The full moon
and the cool breeze were definitely fall. Wish I'd been out to see
the moon come up.

I doubt she will come in tonight.

Jo

Old October 4th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

You are the Cat Whisperer. )

Old October 4th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
snip

As I continued on my walk, I was thinking about how friendly the
cats in that neighborhood were. Then it dawned on me - it was about
7 PM. Dinnertime! Apparently their humans weren't home, so maybe
they hoped that I might do the honors. But whatever the reason, it
was an enjoyable walk enhanced by friendly feline encounters.

Sounds lovely! I wish I could meet strange but friendly cats when I go
for walks around here. No one seems to let their cats out, which I guess
is a good thing, because there are streets with heavy trafiic nearby,
but still. People seem to love coming to see my cats in the enclosure,
though. Or they used to until the greenery around it grew so high, you
can't really see the cats from the alley anymore.

By the time I got back to my car, it was dark and the moon was
out - a full moon. It was cool and very breezy, leaves were blowing
all around, and it really felt like fall.

Yesterday was a glorious, sunny day, though a bit chilly. Today it is
raining and there is a very strong wind. A real autumn storm. Caliban
loves watching the leaves and branches wave around outside the
enclosure. He sits out there with eyes big as saucers, following their
movements with his head.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old October 4th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

wrote in message

[snippage]

As I continued on my walk, I was thinking about how friendly the
cats in that neighborhood were. Then it dawned on me - it was about
7 PM. Dinnertime! Apparently their humans weren't home, so maybe
they hoped that I might do the honors. But whatever the reason, it
was an enjoyable walk enhanced by friendly feline encounters.

You are the Cat Whisperer. )

Or maybe I had stepped in someone's dropped tuna sandwich.

I must defer to Mark for the title you have assigned me, though.
I think I just got lucky today!

Joyce

--
I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old October 5th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

That's a lovely story, thank you for sharing.

Jeanette

An evening at the Singhs BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 1 June 17th 09 03:20 PM
Evening Adventure Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 10 April 28th 07 09:51 PM
Typical Evening Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 1 January 11th 05 01:48 PM
OT Frustrating evening Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 27 June 23rd 04 05:02 AM
Went to a movie this evening. guynoir Cat health & behaviour 18 October 27th 03 05:00 PM