Update: D-pet is still with us

Old August 18th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Update: D-pet is still with us

Last night, my friend whose dog is seriously ill, and I, and another
friend of ours all went over to the animal hospital to visit him.
Given his condition, we were also there to say goodbye to him, in
case he didn't make it through the night. The animal hospital had an
unused exam room, so we all went in there, the staff brought him in,
and they let us visit with him as long as we wanted to.

He curled right up with his person and stayed cuddled up to her for
about 2 hours, which was how long we were there. It was clear he got
a lot of comfort from having us there. We petted him gently and told
him what a good dog he was, and although his response was minimal, he
did respond, and I know it was good for him to have contact with people
he knew and loved.

A bit of good news today: his fever has come down quite a bit, to just
above doggie-normal. It might be that the antibiotics are kicking in
at last, so maybe what's wrong with him is an infection after all. He's
definitely not out of the woods, though, so he's still receiving vet
care intensively.

Thanks everyone for the purrs. Maybe they're working already!

Joyce

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr

Old August 19th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Purrs ongoing for the d-pet to feel better quickly!

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory

Old August 19th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for the little fellow continuing.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 19th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Thanks for passing on this good news. The purrs will continue.

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

Old August 19th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

Purrs and merps for an under-the-weather puppy dog. Rosco sends the
loudest purrs. His nickname is Puppy so he thinks he's a puppy. He's
just sending purrs to one of his own .

Think B52s....

Quiche Quiche Lorraine
Quiche Quiche Lorraine
Everyday I take her out. Yeah!
She runs around, she shouts out and barks. Yeah!
Cause she`s a good doggie
She`s a sweet, sweet, sweet puppy! Arf Arf
**
Has anybody seen a dog dyed dark green
About two inches tall, with a strawberry blond fall;
Sunglasses and a bonnet
and designer jeans with appliques on it?
The dog that brought me so much joy
Left me wallowing in pain
Quiche Lorraine

Sorry, that song makes me laugh. Anyhow, Rosco's nickname is Puppy
and he's a sweet, sweet, sweet puppy. MeowMeow

Julie
Old August 19th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

wrote in message
[...]

Ricki Lee is soo happy she's wagging harder than ever, the cats, competitive
to the end, are trying to out purr the wagging.

Old August 19th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

The purrs will continue.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 19th 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Aug 18, 6:35*pm, wrote:
[...]

Purrs and prayers are on the way for you, your friend and your D-pal.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice and Ms. Blue
Belle