I have to stay in for the moment

Old October 18th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I have to stay in for the moment

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Old October 18th 12, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Doesn't daytime tv scare you? Jeremy Kyle for instance?

Haha.! Just like my ex-job. I was a bit like him, still am. Tell it like
it is.

I haven't read that book. I love a good scary story and write them myself.
I don't have nightmares if I read or write scary stuff.

Try it if you get a chance,

h to scare me. I always have weird dreams and
always have done. In one I dreamt that the floor under the top of the bed
had turned to rubber and was bending into a big hole. DH woke up to find
himself on his knees on the foot of the bed. I'd managed to get him there
while I was asleep, I was saving him you see. Now there's no way I could
move him in normal life, he's six foot 2 inches and.. how can I put it...
more than a little overweight. As I told him when he declared he lives
with a mad woman, at least it shows him I love him enough to save him.
Judging by his grunt, I don't think he thought that to be an asset.

That's a minor nightmare -)

Read some of Deaver or Patterson. I have no idea how they think it up to
write it. Where does it come from in their minds?

Old October 18th 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

You would probably like the book I'm reading at the moment, Paw Tracks by
Denis 0'Connor. It's his autobiography which has recently been published.
--
Adrian http://community.webshots.com/clowderuk
Old October 18th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Christina Websell wrote:
Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Doesn't daytime tv scare you? Jeremy Kyle for instance?

I haven't read that book. I love a good scary story and write them myself.
I don't have nightmares if I read or write scary stuff.

My normal dreams are enough to scare me. I always have weird dreams and
always have done. In one I dreamt that the floor under the top of the bed
had turned to rubber and was bending into a big hole. DH woke up to find
himself on his knees on the foot of the bed. I'd managed to get him there
while I was asleep, I was saving him you see. Now there's no way I could
move him in normal life, he's six foot 2 inches and.. how can I put it...
more than a little overweight. As I told him when he declared he lives
with a mad woman, at least it shows him I love him enough to save him.
Judging by his grunt, I don't think he thought that to be an asset.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Have you ever used one of your dreams to write a scary story? I understand
that's how Stephen King got the idea for at least one book (Pet Sematary,
maybe?).

Joy

Old October 18th 12, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

I love suspenseful, scary stories, whether books, movies or TV. But I do
have some limits. Stories about scary things that could happen in real life
are too much for me. So I don't read/watch anything about stalkers, slashers,
sadists, serial killers, etc. However, scary sci-fi, fantasy, and some
supernatural stories (ghosts, yes - vampires, not so much) are fun because
they're not the kind of subjects that make me look in the closet or under
the bed 10 times before going to sleep.

Which type is Swimsuit?

--
Joyce

And for those who are constitutional originalists and worry about
mustering a militia, let's go with what the founding fathers had -
allow them muskets! -- NancyE

Old October 18th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

I love suspenseful, scary stories, whether books, movies or TV. But I do
have some limits. Stories about scary things that could happen in real
life
are too much for me. So I don't read/watch anything about stalkers,
slashers,
sadists, serial killers, etc. However, scary sci-fi, fantasy, and some
supernatural stories (ghosts, yes - vampires, not so much) are fun because
they're not the kind of subjects that make me look in the closet or under
the bed 10 times before going to sleep.

Which type is Swimsuit?

All the ones you don't like. I never read anything scary until my brother
gave me some books a while ago when I was recovering from a previous op. To
keep me amused he said.
Now I kind of like them.
Don't read Swimsuit unless you can switch off before you go to bed.

Old October 19th 12, 09:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll stay clear of that one!

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old October 19th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to read a truly delightful book, get "Paw Tracks in the
Moonlight," by Denis O'Connor. I found it when you recommended "Paw Tracks
at Owl Cottage." I read "Moonlight" first because it is the precursor to
"Owl Cottage." "Moonlight" is the story of O'Connor's beloved cat, Toby
Jug, the cat that is frequently mentioned in "Moonlight." I intended to
post a "thank you" for your suggestion and never got around to it. So, this
is both a suggestion if you have not read both books and and also a
belated--but heartfelt--thank you! I have read both books. I enjoyed both
of them but especially "Moonlight."

I hope your arm is mending well.

MaryL

Old October 19th 12, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

~~~~~~~~
It's interesting that you mentioned this. I just posted (before reading
your message) a recommendation for O'Connor's "Paw Tracks in the Moonlight."
It is a truly heartwarming, delightful book about his wonderful cat Toby
Jug.

MaryL

Old October 20th 12, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?
************

I have no idea, but they're both good at writing what they do. Books don't
give me nightmares, thankfully, because I read that stuff all the time. I'm
currently reading an older book (1999) written by Jeffery Deaver, The
Devil's Teardrop. Don't know how I missed this one before! It's very
entertaining. I'll have to look for Patterson's Swimsuit.

Hope your hand heals up quickly!

Jill

"stay away" ken Cat health & behaviour 42 July 10th 05 10:48 AM
"stay away" ken Cat anecdotes 38 January 10th 05 09:37 PM
"stay away" ken Cats - misc 35 January 10th 05 09:37 PM
stay away ken Cat health & behaviour 1 December 17th 04 12:53 AM