Oops

Old February 13th 05, 04:13 AM
CatNipped

Default Oops

OK, in Sammy's defense she doesn't ever see me take a bath. I have a huge
shower stall in my bathroom downstairs but no bathtub. Whenever I take a
shower Sammy waits patiently on the rug under the toilet until I'm finished
acting insanely and come out to dry off and pay attention to her again.

Tonight, however, I was feeling a little bad and very cold so I just wanted
to soak in a hot bath. Sammy was preoccupied in the living room busily
killing my slipper. Jessie, who is used to DH taking baths, came into the
bathroom with me and sat on the edge of the tub to keep me company.

Suddenly Sammy realized Mommy was not in the same room with her and was not
paying attention to her. She started running at break-neck speed heading
into the hall, made a 90 degree turn into the bathroom, scrambled two to
three times on the slippery tile before she got her footing, and aimed her
15 pound body at poor little 4 pound Jessie. How dare Jessie take Mommy's
attention away from her precious self! Jessie was due for a little soaking
as a comeuppance!

Jessie watched all this commotion calmly, and at the very last second turned
on the anti-gravity devices in her paws and shot straight up about 3 feet
into the air. Sammy sailed right through the spot that Jessie had occupied
just a fraction of a second before and I could see the horror of her mistake
dawning on her by the expression on her face.

I tried to draw my knees up as high as I could get them, but she still
managed to grab onto my shins in her attempt to climb out of the water as
quickly as possible. Jessie, in the meantime, had turned off the
anti-gravity devices in her paws and had landed on the side of the tub again
in time to hiss-spit directly in Sammy's face as she tried to lunge back out
of the bathtub, causing Sammy to rear back for a second dunking. Jessie
then hopped down and sashayed out of the bathroom with her tail twitching in
amusement.

I finally managed to get a sopping Sammy out of my bath, drained the bloody
water and dried myself off, then spent the next hour chasing Sammy down and
toweling her dry. Jessie didn't help matters by walking by and snickering
at Sammy every time I managed to pin her down for a few seconds of drying.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 13th 05, 04:17 AM
Bill Stock

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

LOL. Poor Sammy, poor Nip.

Old February 13th 05, 04:30 AM
O J

CatNipped wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I finally managed to get a sopping Sammy out of my bath, drained the bloody
water and dried myself off, then spent the next hour chasing Sammy down and
toweling her dry. Jessie didn't help matters by walking by and snickering
at Sammy every time I managed to pin her down for a few seconds of drying.

I was chuckling out loud when DH asked what was so funny. I've
received orders to convey that she was LOL too. What a great story!

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old February 13th 05, 04:57 AM
Duke of Url

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Peaceful hot soak, huh?

Old February 13th 05, 05:03 AM
Mischief

See I wouldn't tried toweling her down more than once. I'd let her sit
all wet as punishment for disturbing my bath!

hehehehehehe Sammy meets WATER!!!

Kristi

Old February 13th 05, 05:46 AM
Marina

CatNipped wrote:

OK, in Sammy's defense she doesn't ever see me take a bath.

I could see where this was going after the first sentence. Hehehe. But I
thought MCs liked water?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 13th 05, 08:33 AM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
OK, in Sammy's defense she doesn't ever see me take a bath.
CatNipped

"Taking a Bath with Mommy" LOL!

Jill

Old February 13th 05, 10:37 AM
hobbs

My Henri RB, always used to slip into the bath behind me,and I'd have to
call Dianne {daughter} to come and get him, I dont use thebath much since I
had my knees done, its a bit hard so I use the shower now, which I never
cared for
and Wilson had always waited for me on the floor towel that I put down,and
contiually banged on the door and when I open it reached in as faras he
could with one paw while hanging on to the side, with the other and slap out
at me , you see when I used the bath I kept the litter trays in the shower
recess so I kept to that at first but it got too much scrubbing it out every
morning before I could shower so I moved the trays to the laundry, now I
know why he tried to slap me out, *that* was his room. He never bothers me
now at shower time Jean.P.

Old February 13th 05, 12:41 PM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

There's nothing like a nice relaxing soak in the tub. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 13th 05, 02:40 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:13:51 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

"Film at 11" I wish!

Theresa

Oops..I lost my temper dammit mystro Cat health & behaviour 32 July 24th 05 05:40 AM
Um... oops? GraceCat Cat anecdotes 20 December 25th 04 07:40 PM
Oops TBird Cat anecdotes 3 October 29th 04 06:43 PM
LOL - Oops! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 73 September 9th 04 02:41 PM
Cats in the Pants (Snowball the Ragdoll's progress) OOPS! M Gordon Douglas Cat anecdotes 8 October 15th 03 09:00 PM