The girls are getting territorial

Old August 4th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default The girls are getting territorial

Tommy Boy is a very good kitty for a stray... he shows up in the
morning and sits patiently outside our apartment waiting for breakfast
and then he goes awat after he eats and he comes back at dinner
time... I think he's a real sweety. Sometimes he lets me pet him while
he eats and his butt raises automatically which is so cute, but most
of the time his fur is off limits and he hisses and growls a 'don't
touch' warning at me.

The girls however don't approve. They hate ANYONE on the other side of
their window. And sometimes he doesn't go away after he eats - he
doesn't do anything except sit on the landing outside our window, but
if the girls see him hanging around all hell breaks loose. Tails
bristle... eyes get big... and they've even been known to try to
attack the (closed) window as if they thought they could magically get
at him! Good thing the glass is sturdy!

Old August 4th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

I find it highly entertaining when my guys get (got) all territorial with
outside cats they can't possibly confront in reality. "Hold me back!
I'll kick his ass!"

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 5th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Aug 4, 10:33*am, Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Yeah, for several months, Mischief would get all bushy tailed at the
stray cats that came by the apartment building. At 3 am...

She'd perch on the windowsill and growl...at the time my bed was right
beneath the window. Her tail would lash back and forth and cause loud
"clacking" from hitting the vertical blinds.

Of course i'd wake up and she's all ****ed off. I'd look out the
window and of course I wouldn't see anything.

I'd tell Mischief to shut up. But she'd still growl and look intently
at the wall between the apartment buildings. "It's right THERE!"

"There's nothing there, Missy, now go to bed."

She would keep growling and hissing and making noise. "Of course YOU
don't see anything, hoomin!! Let me out and I'LL get rid of it!!!"

ironically, there haven't been any more strays coming by for the long
time now.

Kristi
Old August 5th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:53:02 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:

"Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's funniest is that Tommy just sits there looking at them without
batting a whisker. He's not the least bit bothered by all their
carryings-on.
Old August 8th 09, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:33:31 -0400, Kajikit
wrote:

[...]

Both Sammy and Spotty are the same way. Before Spot joined the family
they used to have terrible screaming matches, and Sammy even knocked
the screen off at least once. When Spotty first came in, their hatred
carried over for a while, but now they're best buds, with only Little
Bit being favored by Sam over Spotty - course that may be because LB
is Sammy's mama
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old August 20th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The other day it was very rainy... and afterwards I looked at our
front wall and noticed something I hadn't seen before - grubby little
paw prints all over it, and on the window sill! No wonder the girls
are getting annoyed at Tommy - he doesn't just sit on the landing and
wait. :P

He's such a sweety boy... I wish he'd be tamer but I've got to take
him the way he is. I'm allowed to pet him now, but only when I take
him out his food and put it down in front of him. If I try to touch
him at any other time, he hisses and runs away.