Lorelei update 11-12-2010

Old November 13th 10, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Lorelei update 11-12-2010

Today when I got up, I found Lorelei in the basement again.

I coaxed her up stairs, and gave her some gushy food, and she decided to
hang out in my bedroom, on my bed.

I got her to come into the kitchen, but then she would go back into my
bedroom.

Later this evening, when I came home, I coaxed her all the way into the
dining room, and a little ways into the living room, before she
retreated to the dining room. She settled down where she can watch met
at the computer, and she has been giving me meows every few minutes.

Up until now, I have heard VERY few sounds from her.

I went over to her to pet her, and she rolled all of the way onto her
back, and let me rub her pretty spotted tummy for quite a long time.

So, the progress continues! It's Friday night, and she only got here on
Monday afternoon.

Today when I got up, I found Lorelei in the basement again.

I coaxed her up stairs, and gave her some gushy food, and she decided to
hang out in my bedroom, on my bed.

I got her to come into the kitchen, but then she would go back into my
bedroom.

Later this evening, when I came home, I coaxed her all the way into the
dining room, and a little ways into the living room, before she
retreated to the dining room. She settled down where she can watch met
at the computer, and she has been giving me meows every few minutes.

Up until now, I have heard VERY few sounds from her.

I went over to her to pet her, and she rolled all of the way onto her
back, and let me rub her pretty spotted tummy for quite a long time.

So, the progress continues! It's Friday night, and she only got here on
Monday afternoon.

I think she was basically terrified until some time on Wednesday.

Now, each time I call her name, she turns her head to look at me, and
she meows.

She has a very nice meow.

Little steps of progress, each day, it seems

Old November 13th 10, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Sandy[_2_]

That's good to hear!

Sandy

Old November 13th 10, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

Gandalf wrote:

snip

Little steps of progress, each day, it seems

Some cats take their time to warm up to a new home! It sounds like she's
doing just fine.

Some are a lot less vocal than others, too! My Cinnamon is not a mouthy
cat, and it was with mild surprise that I realized the other day that
the cat marching around meowing at me wasn't Sam, who can and does meow
enough for half a dozen cats, but Cinnamon, who was obviously concerned
that I wasn't paying sufficient attention to the food bowl!

--
Cheryl
Old November 13th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Like the song says "One Day At A Time" Sometime try going into your bedroon
and sitting on the bed and see if she will jump up. She is trusting you
more all the time. I like that she is talking to you.

Old November 13th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rusty

On Nov 13, 4:33*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Rusty (RB) almost always turned his head to me when I called his name.

When I first adopted him some 15 years ago, I didn't hear a meow from
for
days. He was a very quiet cat. Towards the end, he was more vocal.
He even "swore' (TED's word) at TED as he was helped to RB.

Old November 13th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:33:07 GMT, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com
(Gandalf) wrote:

Today when I got up, I found Lorelei in the basement again.

I coaxed her up stairs, and gave her some gushy food, and she decided to
hang out in my bedroom, on my bed.

I got her to come into the kitchen, but then she would go back into my
bedroom.

Later this evening, when I came home, I coaxed her all the way into the
dining room, and a little ways into the living room, before she
retreated to the dining room. She settled down where she can watch met
at the computer, and she has been giving me meows every few minutes.

Up until now, I have heard VERY few sounds from her.

I went over to her to pet her, and she rolled all of the way onto her
back, and let me rub her pretty spotted tummy for quite a long time.

So, the progress continues! It's Friday night, and she only got here on
Monday afternoon.

Snip repeat

I think she was basically terrified until some time on Wednesday.

Now, each time I call her name, she turns her head to look at me, and
she meows.

She has a very nice meow.

Little steps of progress, each day, it seems

So glad to hear she is warming up to you. Most people don't give a
cat time to really adjust and come around. They expect it to happen
within days.

My first cat that I kidnapped from my then ex-wife took almost a month
to really settle in and she knew me before and was friendly with me
before I took her!! They will come around in their own time.

Old November 13th 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:33:07 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

Now, each time I call her name, she turns her head to look at me, and
she meows.

She has a very nice meow.

Little steps of progress, each day, it seems

Dis, ob cawse, iz furry gud, she is beginnink to
forget da trauma ob mofink, and now can get close
to yoo!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

11/13/2010 12:46:55 PM
Old November 13th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:33:07 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

Now, each time I call her name, she turns her head to look at me, and
she meows.

She has a very nice meow.

Little steps of progress, each day, it seems

Dis, ob cawse, iz furry gud, she is beginnink to
forget da trauma ob mofink, and now can get close
to yoo!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

ConCatulashunz on your progress, Lorelei!
Yu are doink uh gudgud job trayning Unka Gandalf.
Did Unka Gandalf anser yu?
He shud eedur say sumfin tu yu, lyke "Yes Lorelei, I luff yu." or else
stop what effurr he's doing and come over and pet you.

Luff,
Pit2nya

Old November 14th 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

That is so good to hear She is making progress, and with your loving
patience and kindness, you and she will soon become best friends. Can you
give her Kenzies warm heated bed to sleep on? Love, and Purrs from Kyla,
Dutch, and our kitties.

" (Gandalf)" Today when I got up, I found Lorelei in the basement again.