does this cat seem big?

Old September 25th 14, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie[_2_]

Default does this cat seem big?

:-( RIP Meow.
http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2012/05/0...lease-on-life/

Old September 25th 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"Gennie" wrote in message
:-( RIP Meow.
http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2012/05/0...lease-on-life/

yes rip meow. He was on his way to weight loss.

Old September 27th 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Gennie" wrote in message
:-( RIP Meow.
http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2012/05/0...lease-on-life/

I tried to upload the previous link you sent about his story but could not
get it to upload.
I am very sorry that he has died. Not surprised though.

If we are blessed with a cat, it's surely up to us not to feed them to
obeseness. Boyfie would agree to being fed until he was huge, but meowmie
always says no.

Old October 1st 14, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:24:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message ...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...e5&oe=54C1C14E

~~~~~~~
That's terrible. That poor cat is obese (not merely overweight), and it
is a real health problem. It probably does not have enough energy and
agility to even run and play.

MaryL

I don't know that anything can be done though. I suspect that with
cats, as with people, some are just going to be fat.

Absolutely not.

My Nipsy is a big
cat, but not fat. Scooter eats a little bit and stays thin. But Marlo
is obese and doesn't really eat much more than the others. She isn't
as bad as that cat, but she isn't getting any smaller. With three
cats, I don't know how I can limit her and yet let the other cats eat
when they want.

Feed her in a separate room and don't free feed the others.

Also, Marlo and Espy were pretty close in age, and Espy was always
thin and I'd try to get him to eat more. He's dead and Marlo is still
around.

So what you are saying is although Espy was thin, Marlo is obese, still
alive, so that must be better?
Boyfie spends all his time trying to be obese. I say no to his continual
pleas for more food, although I've allowed him a bit more sprinkles and he
is putting on weight. when he had his jabs recently the vet said "don't let
him put more weight on" so his sprinkles are now reduced.
The worst thing would be if he became diabetic through being fat because I
know he wouldn't allow me to medicate him. It would mean I'd have to to send
him to the Bridge.
So, the choice is, for everyone really, feed your cats correctly, stop
feeding so many treats and getting them to look like balloons.
They depend on us to do the right thing for them. Feeding a cat to obesity
is Not The RIght Thing. Ever.

Old October 1st 14, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Some cats are grazers and others prefer to eat their food all at once.
Those who eat their food all at once often want more. My daughter and
her husband had one of each. The grazer was getting thinner, while the
other one was getting fat, because she'd finish the grazer's food when
he walked away. They solved the problem by putting the grazer's food in
(or rather under) a large cardboard box. They had cut a hole in the end
of the box just big enough for the thin cat to get through. That worked
so well that the scarfer lost enough weight that she was able to get
into the box.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old October 11th 14, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Gennie" wrote in message
:-( RIP Meow.
http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2012/05/0...lease-on-life/

yes rip meow. He was on his way to weight loss.

but he shouldn't have got there. My cat would eat himself to death given
the opportunity, but I say no.
Yes, he moans when I say "no chance of more at all"
but it means he is a perfect size for his weight and will live longer.
To allow a cat (or dog) to get obese in your care, well, don't.
It's not a sign of love to overfeed them and give them treats so they get
fat, is it?

Old October 13th 14, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Joy
wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message ...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...e5&oe=54C1C14E

~~~~~~~ That's terrible. That poor cat is obese (not merely
overweight), and it is a real health problem. It probably does not
have enough energy and agility to even run and play.

MaryL

I don't know that anything can be done though. I suspect that with
cats, as with people, some are just going to be fat.

It's simply physics.. Eat more calories than you burn off =
putting on weight. Of course something can be done.
Do not eat more calories than you use.
You can eat all you want if you burn if off with exercise. If you eat all
you want and sit on the couch all day it's likely that the weight will pile
on.
Boyfie always wants to eat more calories than he burns off even though he is
often out looking at rats it's not an excuse to say "well, I didn't catch
one today, but it made me very hungry"