Boyriend update

Old February 1st 14, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

Default Boyriend update

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
Doing brilliantly.
I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury could
have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.
Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's
unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is not
beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire would give
him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is still on broken
glass.

Tweed

Whatever the cause, I am happy to hear that he is doing brilliantly.
Elisabet

Old February 1st 14, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Doing brilliantly.
I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury could
have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.
Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's
unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is not
beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire would give
him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is still on broken
glass.

Tweed

Well, he was out for a few minutes but 10pm is time for his sprinkles of
dry so he came in for that And he Isn't Going Out until Morning. I can
assure you of that.

Vet says he is fine to go out, and he is. But he's had a dreadful injury
and I decide what is safe for him.

Old February 2nd 14, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014 20:25:43 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Doing brilliantly.
I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury could
have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.
Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's
unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is not
beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire would give
him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is still on broken
glass.

That does seem to fit the injury. Poor boy.

He sounds like he's perfectly ok now - I think it's safe for our heart
rates to go down now, and hopefully he stays away from abandoned garages
and greenhouses, or wheever it was that he found himself.
Old February 2nd 14, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Doing brilliantly.
I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury
could have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.
Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's
unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is
not beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire
would give him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is
still on broken glass.

Tweed

In parts of the U.S. we have rather large Snowy Owls
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Owl#Hunting_and_diet) .
One of these attacked a Russel Terrior, which is bigger than the
average cat. Extensive damage was don between beak and talons.
During my Googling, I came across; "Unlike most other owls,
the snowy owl hunts during the day feeding on small mammals
such as lemmings and hares"
The dog must have put up a good fight, because the owl hung
around in neighborhood trees for a few days. These owners also
had to put out 'big bucks' to have the dog stitched back up.
My daughter is a neighbor of theirs.
HTH
Sylvia

Old February 3rd 14, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Sylvia M wrote:

[...]

I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old February 3rd 14, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/3/2014 3:09 PM, Bastette wrote:
Sylvia M wrote:

I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

It wouldn't have been a clean cut, that's for sure. There would have
been evidence of tearing, punctures, etc.

Jill
Old February 3rd 14, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

--
Joyce

We don't have owls in the UK that are big enough to prey on cats.
http://www.owls.org/Information/uk_owls.htm

Old February 4th 14, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

We don't have owls in the UK that are big enough to prey on cats.
http://www.owls.org/Information/uk_owls.htm

That settles it, then!

(I didn't deliberately select the sig quote, really! They're chosen
randomly when I start up my newsreader. But it is apropos.)

--
Joyce

I wonder, wonder, whooooo, WHO! Who rode the moo-cow now?
-- Misheard lyric from "Book of Love"
Old February 4th 14, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 3:25:43 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
Doing brilliantly.

I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury could

have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.

Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's

unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is not

beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire would give

him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is still on broken

glass.

Tweed

My mom had a BIG black cat named Satan when I was growing up. He came in one night with multiple gashes on him. My mom said that an owl had tried to pick him up, but he was too big. There were talon marks on both sides of his body, and quite deep ones. He lived a few years longer, but he made sure to be back inside before dark.