Boyriend update

Old February 4th 14, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Boyriend update

On 2/4/2014 12:15 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 3:25:43 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
Doing brilliantly.

I had another suggestion from my friend Pauline about how his injury could

have happened. Barbed wire or razor wire on top of a fence.

Razor wire is illegal here but as this is a very low crime area it's

unlikely that anyone would use it, that barbed wire is responsible is not

beyond the bounds of possibility. But I think not. Barbed wire would give

him a serious gash but not to that extent. My money is still on broken

glass.

Tweed

My mom had a BIG black cat named Satan when I was growing up. He came in one
night with multiple gashes on him. My mom said that an owl had tried to pick
him up, but he was too big. There were talon marks on both sides of his body,
and quite deep ones. He lived a few years longer, but he made sure to be back inside before dark.

Tweed will likely counter with the statement it wasn't caused in a
confrontation with an animal. The vet doesn't know, either. I think we
all understand that.

But yes, birds of prey are certainly capable of doing serious damage to
a cat or even small dogs.

Not everyone's environment is conducive to letting cats outside. A
neighbor of mine reported an adult bald eagle hanging out in a tree
behind her house. She feeds birds, which of course invites squirrels to
have a snack. That eagle is just sitting around waiting to see what
looks like it can pick off for dinner.

Jill
Old February 4th 14, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

So her bird feeder is an eagle feeder too. My daughter and her husband had
a similar experience with a cat (not theirs) turning their bird feeder into
a cat feeder.

Joy

Old February 4th 14, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

We don't have owls in the UK that are big enough to prey on cats.
http://www.owls.org/Information/uk_owls.htm

That settles it, then!

Actually, if one of our owls swooped down on Boyfriend, he'd be bringing it
to me to eat for my breakfast. None of them weigh more than 1lb.
We don't really have anything that preys on cats (except some foxes,
although it's unusual, but not unheard of)
I immediately blamed a fox and so did the vet until he'd examined him
thoroughly. Nothing suggested anything other than somehow hurting himself
on something sharp.

Besides, the Boy is used to seeing foxes in my garden - they are always here
at night hoping to get into my chicken hut (bad luck) so he knows how to
avoid them by going up a tree or coming home
Although 2 cats have been killed by foxes near here (witnessed by their
owners) in the last ten years I doubt Boyfie would allow himself to get in
that position.
See fox - go up a tree.
I hadn't know before he went after a squirrel actually how fast he could go
up a tree. Literally 2 seconds
He missed it :-(
Tweed