Leopard vs. Crocodile

Old July 23rd 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

Default Leopard vs. Crocodile

Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

--
Nik Simpson
Old July 23rd 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

--
Nik Simpson

WOW! I wonder what made the leopard go for that crocodile - that's not
their usual prey.

As for the photographer, I think if I had been that close to the action I'd
have wet my pants!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 23rd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

reminds me of the lions against the killer crocs with the water buffalo

Old July 23rd 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 23, 12:49*pm, nik Simpson wrote:
Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...2008/07/18/eal....

--
Nik Simpson

Wow. I read a tiger researcher who said that a grown tiger would take
even a large croc if it were hungry but a tiger is much, much larger
than a leopard. And more at hom in and near the water. I have recently
seen a nature film where a pride of lions were defending a waterside
kill, a cape buffalo, from crocs and they eventually had to give up,
although they had eaten a lot of the kill by then.

--
Will in New Haven
Old July 23rd 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...008/07/18/eale
opard118.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

--
Nik Simpson

WOW! I wonder what made the leopard go for that crocodile - that's
not their usual prey.

As for the photographer, I think if I had been that close to the
action I'd have wet my pants!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Maybe it was a mother leopard.

Old July 24th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

nik Simpson wrote:

Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

Those photos are incredible. But what was kitty thinking?! The rangers
even said that the croc wouldn't have enough meat on its body to justify
taking such a risk. If I'd been that photographer witnessing the attack,
I would've chewed off my nails worrying that the leopard was going to
get eaten. He's a beautiful animal.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 25th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

nik Simpson wrote:
Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

This looked very much like a regular cat proudly carrying off a
lizard, except much crazier.
Old July 25th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

nik Simpson wrote:

Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

Those photos are incredible. But what was kitty thinking?! The rangers
even said that the croc wouldn't have enough meat on its body to
justify taking such a risk. If I'd been that photographer witnessing
the attack, I would've chewed off my nails worrying that the leopard
was going to get eaten. He's a beautiful animal.

Perhaps a mamaleopard defending her cubs? Or even exacting revenge on said
croc for *taking* a cub. Those who say that animals have no concept of
revenge never had their shoes horked in the dead of night by Shmogg after
somehow causing him offence. What I wouldn't give to have my shoes horked
again!

Yowie

Old July 25th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
wrote in message

nik Simpson wrote:

Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

Those photos are incredible. But what was kitty thinking?! The rangers
even said that the croc wouldn't have enough meat on its body to
justify taking such a risk. If I'd been that photographer witnessing
the attack, I would've chewed off my nails worrying that the leopard
was going to get eaten. He's a beautiful animal.

Perhaps a mamaleopard defending her cubs? Or even exacting revenge on said
croc for *taking* a cub. Those who say that animals have no concept of
revenge never had their shoes horked in the dead of night by Shmogg after
somehow causing him offence. What I wouldn't give to have my shoes horked
again!

Yowie

{{{{{{{{{{Yowie}}}}}}}}}}

I know exactly how you feel. It's been over a year now since I lost my
Bandit and there are still times when I'll suddenly think about her and the
pain is so bad it takes my breath away! But hang in there, it does get
easier - I find I'm having more and more memories of her that make me smile
instead of making me feel sad.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
nik Simpson wrote:
Amazing pictures...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...-mostviewedbox

This looked very much like a regular cat proudly carrying off a
lizard, except much crazier.

I thought the same thing Tak! Here in Houston, with the humid weather we
have, we get lots and lots of lizards and they'll occasionally find their
way inside. I have to leap fast in order to get them safely back outside
before a cat spots it.

Hugs,

CatNipped