[OT] Curtain Tie Backs

Old January 21st 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] Curtain Tie Backs

I've hung new curtains, and unlike the old ones, these came with
tie-backs that match the color/material of the curtains. I'm going to
start with these, and decide later if I want to change to something
else. I'm not planning on hanging the tiebacks themselves from
anything decorative.

My windows have no "frame," just openings in the wall the windows are
set into, with small sills at the bottom that don't extend out beyond
the wall very much at all.

So... How far up from the sill should I put whatever I'm going to
hook the tiebacks to? How far along the wall from the window opening?
(or do I do it inside the window opening?)

All help and suggestions are welcome!

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old January 21st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Do you have someone who could hold the tie back in place for you to see how
it looks? I'm not sure if there are any "rules" for how high or low the tie
backs should be placed. I would guess not higher than half the length of
the curtains. You want the hook outside of the window, maybe a few inches.

Ann

Old January 21st 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Look where the curtain hangs straight, that would be the outside space.
Mark that space then put the tiebacks as far down as you want them to hang.
You may have to go three or four inches above where you actually want it to
make it hang right. There is a website for this if I can find it.

Old January 21st 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I think it is usually in one of three places. If the window is two panes,
halfway or split the difference in the bottom pane or, if they are rally
long you can go to the bottom of the lower pane.