Report on "Where-Else"Silver ButtonWood

Old September 18th 03, 05:28 AM
Hopitus2

Default Report on "Where-Else"Silver ButtonWood

Most news lately seems to be kinda depressing....nasty neighbors, deceased
pets and accident victims, money-laundering DH's, actually makes the
"farting cats" thread seem cheerful! Here's a happy report from me
purrrrsonally: made the monthly visit to "Where-Else" to pay bill the other
day....looked for Silver, the resident aging gray-striper who lives in the
"garden shop", attended to and nourished and loved by employees of same, as
I reported some time ago. Didn't see him; cashier lady (his most devoted
slave there) pointed to her counter near the register: there he was, belly
up, snoring away, with his pink tongue sticking way out of his half-open
mouth!
I said, "My God, if I only had a camera, I'd put him up for the cat
newsgroup to see! They know all about him!" At that, she lifted up a small
oblong plastic container from under the counter and began eating from
it.....he started awake and loomed up in her face, sniffing the container
and meowing like a baby. I had never seen him in that state
before....sometimes, when a large group of kids are near him, he gets testy,
but this was a new side to Silver's character! The lady reached into the
container, fished out a largish hunk of breaded chicken, and deposited it in
his food bowl on the nearby floor.
I had never realized his true huge size before....with a graceful leap, he
soon attacked the chicken piece his slave had offered, sharing her dinner
with him. I mentioned how plump he is as well as how relaxed, and she
stated, "We do love him, all of us here." I replied, "I know" and strolled
out to my truck, the sounds of Silver munching his treat fading in my ears.

Old September 18th 03, 11:02 AM
polonca12000

Awww! It's so nice to see a well-loved cat.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Here's a happy report from me

Old September 18th 03, 03:53 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:28:44 -0400, "Hopitus2"
wrote:

[...]

Great story to start the day! I am glad this poor kitty found a
proper slave -- isn't that what life is all about? The ones I worry
about and pray (purr) for are the lost, the sick, the mistreated ones
-- if we don't hear about them then we don't know where to direct
caring thoughts. However the success stories (Silver) like cream,
rise to the top.

Best purrs and prayers today for those furry ones in Isabel's path who
have no slaves to look after them....may they find shelter from the
storm.
Old September 18th 03, 06:16 PM
Sherry

Best purrs and prayers today for those furry ones in Isabel's path who
have no slaves to look after them....may they find shelter from the
storm.

That's a good thought. I also always think about the furry ones anytime I hear
about disasters...fires, tornadoes, hurricanes. There are groups that actually
go into communities to help with rescue of pets separated from owners, as well
as unowned ones. Rather like an animal Red Cross I guess.

Sherry