Cat Eyes

Old January 26th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Cat Eyes

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie is confused. He has beautiful eyes already and is beginning
to worry if he needs eyeliner.

Gilding the lily is never necessary. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 26th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Kreisleriana wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 4:59 pm, wrote:
It's a catty kind of season with dramatic cat eyes entering this
season front and center. If you've check the catwalk, no pun
intended, this season -catty is certainly in. Gucci, Sass & Bride
gave cat eyes a whole new meaning. Estee Lauder is calling the look
the "new Cleopatra." Very retro and certain to make a statement as
this look has great impact!

You're a gal who has confidence in her style and you want to be
"in" with this seasons "cat eyes." How do you accomplish this
futuristic feline look at home?

First make sure you have a black eyeliner pencil in your make up
repertoire . Maybelline Cool Effect is an eyeliner eye shadow
combination, Cover Girl has there eyeslicks gel eyecolors, and
Estee Lauder has the Softsmudge Black. There are plenty of other
good ones on the market.

Apply foundation, make sure it's flawlessly applied and then
highlight temples and cheekbones ever so slightly. Add light lip
color - remember your eyes are the focus.

Cover under the eye with concealer. This will prevent smudging.

Define your eyes with a light shadow covering the entire lid, blend
softly up to the brow bone - soft grey, cream, beige, off white,
taupe, soft pink, soft lavender all work great.

Work a deep dark shade into the contour to define, then blend along
the crease

Next apply a your black eyeliner nice and thick along the lash
line. Draw the bottom line thick and up towards the ear.

To open the eye up you can line inside the lash line with a white
pencil
Or for every day wear draw thin lines using a soft gray shadow or
pencil

Add mascara and if you wish a touch of sparkle and your done.
Pretty simple!

Make Your Fashion Statement!

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bot...002/47359.html

Being a male member of the group you are encouraging others to
emulate, I must say I'm flattered. How good does this mascara
taste? How about the other stuff? Were any Hoomins used in the
testing of these products? Were they harmed? How do I choose the
correct color to go with my fur? I am a grey tabby and white cat.
Would I need to stick to earth tones, or would some of the more

Mimi lurvs Boyfie with or without eyeliner! Mimi has NATURAL eyeliner - but
only on one eye, so she occasionally wonders what it would look like if both
eyes had eyeliner, or none... and also what Boyfie would look like IF he had
eyeliner...... Mimi can be a bit vain (unless it concerns her weight )

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 26th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I went to the eye doctor the other day and was surprised to see three
teenagers with contacts that looked like cat eyes. My son said the more he
looked at them, the more uncomfortable it was.
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
On Jan 24, 4:59 pm, wrote:
[...]

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 26th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jan 25, 11:27 pm, Marina wrote:
GaDragonfly wrote:

Young Pine Cone, take advice from the older generation and use white
to highlight that beautiful grey tabby look. This dude who encourages
black eyeliner and sparkling mascara simply doesn't understand the
true cat's eye. You can get an idea of how to emphasize blue eyes at:
http://www.dropshots.com/GaDragonfly...2007-04-29/11:...

Your friend,
Samuel R. Thunderpaws

Those are some expertly outlined eyes, Mr Thunderpaws!

Thank you Ms. Marina. Meowmy says she doesn't remember taking those
pictures. SantaPaws gave her something called a telephoto conversion
lens for her digital camera and it was delivered last week. She got
the camera out and took some pictures of the birds outside (I'm not
sure why she didn't want to take pictures of us!). So she comes
inside and reviews the pictures she's just taken and finds these of
me. Hobbes has white eyeliner too. Barnabus says who needs
eyeliner(?) and Lacey has liner on one eye only.

Sam, Julie, Hobbes, Lacey and Barnabus
Old January 26th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 26, 4:15*am, "Granby" wrote:
I went to the eye doctor the other day and was surprised to see three
teenagers with contacts that looked like cat eyes. *My son said the more he
looked at them, the more uncomfortable it was.

Reminds me of an RPG convention many years ago- it was held in a
sports hall and some live action players realised they had run out of
cigarettes, which the place did not sell, So they had walked off and
found a pub to get some and stopped for a drink, One of them had red
contacts with a slit pupil and apparently the barman asked if his eyes
were normally like that!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 26th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Samuel, what kind of kitty are you? You look like my Samwise and people say
he looks like a Maine Coon cat.

His father might have been but, I know his mother was mostly black with a
little white and short hair.

Ann

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 11:46 pm, tanadashoes wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

stick to earth tones, or would some of the more exotic colors work
with me. Where in the pet store would I find this stuff? I like to
be fashionable, as I am a cool dude.

Young Pine Cone, take advice from the older generation and use white
to highlight that beautiful grey tabby look. This dude who encourages
black eyeliner and sparkling mascara simply doesn't understand the
true cat's eye. You can get an idea of how to emphasize blue eyes at:
http://www.dropshots.com/GaDragonfly...04-29/11:19:40

Your friend,
Samuel R. Thunderpaws

Old January 26th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jan 24, 1:59*pm, wrote:
[...]

My Meowmy sez Mama and I already has purrfect eyez, thank yoo! They
are big and golden, an we looks like we alredy has black eyeliner. And
Mama has nachurall tabby spectacles, too!

Nina
Old January 28th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jan 26, 2:37 pm, "Ann" wrote:
Samuel, what kind of kitty are you? You look like my Samwise and people say
he looks like a Maine Coon cat.

His father might have been but, I know his mother was mostly black with a
little white and short hair.

Ann

Ann,
When I first met Sam he was a typical neighborhood stray passing
through the yard occasionally. When he finally decided he wanted to
move in with us I would have described him as a short haired oriental
mix. As a matter of fact, my DH noticed on his recent vet records
that I said his color was sable. The last few shots in this folder:
http://www.dropshots.com/GaDragonfly#albums/Sam%20Eyes show he was
somewhat sable. Six months after he became a neutered, indoor only
cat his fur began to grow longer. The hair from his ears and between
his toes grew longer as well and he began to look more like a Maine
Coon. I don't have a clue what he actually is other than a moggie but
he's a sweetheart mogie.

Julie

Cat Eyes [email protected] Cats - misc 0 January 24th 08 09:59 PM
Cat Eyes [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 24th 08 09:59 PM
Two eyes David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 15 October 12th 05 12:31 AM
I couldn't believe my eyes Marina Cat anecdotes 7 April 8th 05 02:56 PM
eyes are open! Samantha G. Cat rescue 2 August 16th 04 09:33 PM