Arrival at the beach, Koh Kood

Old September 23rd 18, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Arrival at the beach, Koh Kood

In high spirits the group step off the speed boat. The wood worker and
rope maker meet with waiting kittahs.

The wood worker is directed to several trees up the sides of the steep
cliff that need to come down (or will on their own) and will be used
for building materials. Several of them will make good fishing skiffs
and canoes.

The rope maker is guided to several overgrown vines of various types
that make good long lasting lines for everything they need, even ones
that are very sal****er resistant to rot. She sets to work and many
younger kittahs join in to learn from her, as she only comes once a
year and is a highly prized expert.

Daisy-Chan checks the temple out, to see what they may want to bring.
She sees a lot of very nice pillows and some low divans that will work
well for tables. She jots some notes down on where things are.

Cash sniffs out the beach and notes some spots that need digging out
and footsteps replaced. It is normal weather related since they just
finished their rainy season. Some are underway. He introduces himself
and helps with some particularily heavy stone footsteps. His bigger
paws come in pretty handy and his big soft gentle brown eyes and floppy
ears had them at ease right away.

They've not checked the kitchen cave or the other ones the locals use
for businesses. He's mostly checking the ramps and footstones to them
so far. Just as he starts to get hungry, he sees a slightly plump
Siamese setting up a table on the sand. Kittahs who are working, smile
after a glance, and others who are at a good stopping point, go over to
help.

Old September 25th 18, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

[...]

As Cash checks ramps and helps with footstones then snags a quick
munch, Iowna wanders with Princess Malee to see if she can get around
well enough. She notes there is little to the touch of her feet to
tell her where she is when at the edge of things.

"Princess, do you think the rope maker will mind if wez want some ob
the smaller vines? I kin teach how to weave them to make pretty borders
so when yur feets feels dem, you know you are near the edge. It will
help elder kittahs who don't see to well enymore".

Princess Malee smiles a both happy and sad smile. Truth be told, the
King uses a royal escort for this reason. He's not a kitten anymore
and his vision is no longer sharp. "Yes, Iowna, this sounds like a
fine idea!"

Shortly she is teaching many littles, how to braid and weave. They have
many adults who can do that well, but for now, she's keeping them
occupied and teaching them. Quite a few act like it's yarn and play in
it, but that's ok. She has endless patience and they slowly turn out
quite a bit from the local materials.

Old September 26th 18, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Shortly she is teaching many littles, how to braid and weave. They have
many adults who can do that well, but for now, she's keeping them
occupied and teaching them. Quite a few act like it's yarn and play in
it, but that's ok. She has endless patience and they slowly turn out
quite a bit from the local materials.

[A orange kitty dude and a silver striped tabby girl with some calico coloring teleport ver to the beach and look around The Princess approaches to offer assistance.]

"Good morning! Are you hear with the Community to help prepare for the Jellicle Ball?"

"We are indeed! I'z Sammy Redcat, and this is mine sisfur Francesca da Fierce. We'z are part of a Community catering bizness called FluffyKitz, and we was wanting to look around at food preparation and serving areas."

"Welcome, Sammy and Francesca! We have a cave right over here dedicated to cooking. It has excellent airflow and is recessed into the cliff face so that it remains comfortable even when many kitties are cooking. Our local kitties would be honored to provide many of our local dishes for the Community.."

"That would be furry kind! We can also bring along some of our standard banquet foods and deserts for those Community kitties with picky systems, and maybe we can provide the local kitties with some new treats."

Francesca looks around at structures and furnishings.

"Princess, it looks like you have a covered area near the beach. I assume dat is fur da party? Would you like fur us to plan on kitties eating under dere as well, or should we bring a tent just fur serving?"

"I see no reason why guests could not eat at their seats. Our cooking cave should be adequate for foor preparation, but you might want to bring along a tent for serving. It does sometimes rain here!"

[Princess]
Old September 27th 18, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Iowna waves at Francesca. She doesn't say anything because she's
holding a complex set of vines in her mouth as she weaves 2 of them
with her paws, then swaps with 2 others. She turns back to a young male
tabby (one of the few not Siamese here) and shows him how to make the
next step in the flat french braid. He studies hard.

He is in the running with several girl kittahs who caught on fast, to
make the safety braid on the actual ramp sides to the Temple of Bast!
Iowna had decided that should be made by a local and the best offerings
will be judged by the King. Princess Malee said it matches their
traditions that the younger kittahs hand make special offerings at this
time for the ceremony. It's his last year with the kittens. Next year
he takes an official trade. He dreams of being a master weaver.

Old September 30th 18, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Daisy-chan comes out from the temple and snags Sammy and Francesca to
see the caves cut into the cliffs.

There is a buzz of activity around one where cooking smells erupt in a
lovely aroma...

Old October 6th 18, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Daisy-chan then surveys what she wants to wear to the ball. She has
many outfits but a little Local lady wants to get a ball gown and she
knows just the place!

They have loaded all the supplies at the beach for the rescue and have
an hour or 2 to spare before more arrives.

They take off for the Boutique to look about. Iowna catches up with
paw-tired kittahs who need a break from weaving and form a line to go
to the boutique.

Old October 7th 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

[...]

The rope and wood maker come down. They have what they need for this
year. The rope maker looks over all the work that the younger kittahs
have done and likes it. It is unique and had new patterns she's not
seen before. She notes it has very distinctive touch texture woven into
the looks.

She smiles and points it to the wood worker. They remember Iowna and a
little care on their rail-less bridges. The 2 confurr and decide to
add some temporary sides to the few bridges. Ferns are abundant and
will look pretty.

Heading off, they join the fast moving line to the boutique.
Old October 13th 18, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Invrestigating the caves

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Daisy-chan comes out from the temple and snags Sammy and Francesca to
see the caves cut into the cliffs.

There is a buzz of activity around one where cooking smells erupt in a
lovely aroma...

They divert though to see some of the other caves. It's obvious from
the various ramps and lifts, that they are well used. An elderly
siamese bluepoint Named Xu comes up with a shy smile.

'You would like to see some of our history perhaps? On our first level
above the main kitchen is the Cave of History. Part of who you are, is
where you came from. We honor all legends, even if some are a bit
whimsical and show we like to have fun.

Here is my favorite. It's just over the vent from the kitchens below,
so you can smell all the lovely cooking. He points to a small alcove
with a button that says 'push me for fun'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWCk7HlG4o Daisy-chan pushes the
button then starts laughing as she sings along.

Old October 13th 18, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Entering, the wood worker looks about and sees a *purrfect* dress for
his daughter. She's a Firepoint Siamese and this one is silky cream
with firepoint hem. He points to one like it that matches the rope
makers paws of smokey grey. Grinning as she squeals a happy bit, he
wanders off to check the ties and finds Cash.

'Hai Cash! Dez has so many!' Cash grins and picks out a fun one from
the back of the row. It has a double headed wood axe look where the
blades look a bit like a bow tie wth a normal bottom tie. It matches
well to his sable fur with white feet.
Old October 16th 18, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

After a bit they wander off and see lots of little alcoves with bits of
the story of siamese cats.

Daisy-chan loves this one!

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Se... e_Siamese_Cat

So thats how the feets and such got so perfectly colored!