preemptive strike

Old December 7th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default preemptive strike

I have one of those little two story kitty tower, which I keep by the
end of the dining table. It's a little cramped inside, so the only
ones who ever actually napped inside were Sammy and Furby, and as they
grew they outgrew the inside. However the top of the little mini tower
remains a popular spot to observe the comings on goings from the
living room into the kitchen.

Yesterday, while in my normal spot at the computer, I heard a thump. I
looked over and was in time to see the mini tower rocking a little and
Little Bit settling down after jumping up on it. I just figured she
had tried and failed to jump on top - she still has some trouble
jumping on things because of her weak hind legs.

This evening I heard another thump. When I looked over Little Bit was
standing looking at the tower. As I watched she made a couple more
jumps at the tower, not trying to get on top, she was jumping up and
hitting the side of the tower to knock it over.

After a couple hits she managed to knock the tower on its side. Guess
who crawled out of one of the cubbyholes. I guess Furby must have
rediscovered the value of the inside cubbyholes - they look like the
perfect ambush site. Unfortunately, for Furby, LB remembers when Sammy
decided to use them for that purpose. So LB is employing her
preemptive strike tactics, by knocking the tower over when she hears
someone inside the tower.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 7th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

ROTFLMAO! Too cute, what a smart little kitty!

Hugs,

CatNipped