Basho is gone

Old November 19th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

Default Basho is gone

This was, by far, the hardest thing I've ever done. I can't stop
crying, even though I know I did the right thing. His brother Issa is
not taking it well. He ran off the bed as soon as the vet put in the
final shot, Basho stopped breathing seconds later. I went to pick up
Issa to come say good-bye, but he was afraid of me. He looks *sad*.
We just finished burying Basho in the garden, next to a beautiful
bigtooth maple. We covered him in the bag his favorite flannel sheets
came in. He loved lounging in those during the winter time. One of my
nephews is an artist and I commissioned a painting of Basho
meatloafing on those sheets. I'll pick it up for x-mas.
Thanks everyone for your kind words, purrs and prayers. Basho is now
restored to full health and is being shown around the Bridge by his
"brother" Quetzie and the rpca gang. I told him all about the Bridge
this morning and to take it easy and not start bossing around
everybody on the first day.

Victor and the Fantastic Seven, minus one.
Old November 19th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

This is the most dreadful thing you've had to do but there sometimes comes a
time when it's the right thing. It's what we get for having them in our
lives - the payback when we have to let them go because we live longer than
they do

Tweed

Old November 19th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

[...]

Why does the ultimate act of love have to hurt so very much?

We're so very very sorry to hear this.

{{{{{Victor}}}}}

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old November 19th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Victor }}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Adrian

Old November 19th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Because we love them and don't want to let them go.

Tweed

Old November 19th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

You made the right choice.

Purrs of comfort for your loss.

--Fil

Old November 20th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 19 Nov, 19:26, Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

It's always going to be a hard decision, and it's so tempting to try
to put it off, but you put Basho first, as a true friend does.

Jeanette
Old November 20th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

Victor,

We're so sorry for your loss. I've sent a prayer up to our 3 to show
sweet Basho around.

-- Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew
Old November 20th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

On Nov 19, 2:26*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

My sincerest condolences for your loss. May Bast bless Basho on his
way to the Bridge

Debby Hanoka