Purrs for Ivan's crossing

Old November 23rd 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Purrs for Ivan's crossing

I got the news that one of my dearest friends had to let her sweet
Ivan go to the Bridge after a long, stubborn battle with kidney
disease.

I regret I never met Ivan. I saw my friend Deanna socially sometimes
and mainly had to keep touch via text and computer, as our schedules
clashed horridly. I do know he was a splendid, velvet-black panther of
a cat, big and proud in the pictures I saw; and to Dee he was loyal to
the very end until the poor beautiful boy was too weak.

He was so attuned to her...when she left an abusive husband some years
ago he let Ivan out to do what he would. Ivan hung around as if
knowing Dee would come back for him when the place was empty, and she
did. For the next several years he was her confidante, her buddy and
constant comfort.

She is so devastated now--who could blame her?-- that she's not
answering calls. Please spare Ivan some purrs for his new life over
the Bridge, and for Dee so she might heal and love again.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old November 23rd 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 23, 1:05*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

For Ivan, among the Forever Trees and for Dee of the broken heart.

PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

He is well again and waiting. But there's no hurry.

--
Will and the gang in New Haven

Old November 23rd 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

[...]

Purrs for Dee, I can imagine how hard it is for her to part with Ivan,
after all they've been through. He helped her get through a very tough
situation and come out the other side. I feel that way about Roxy and
Smudge, who helped me through the sudden end of a 15-year relationship,
and that's not nearly as traumatic as escaping an abusive husband! Ivan
sounds like he was a very special and very smart kitty.

Joyce

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
Old November 23rd 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It may take awhile but Ivan will send her some comfort, in the form of
another cat, they always do. Meantime, Purrs and Prayers for her and her
broken heart.

Old November 24th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Purrs on the way for your friend and for Ivan.

Jill

Old November 24th 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:05:00 -0800 (PST), BfloPolska
wrote:

[...]

Ivan sounds like the kind of cat we would all love to have.

I'm so sorry he's gone to the Bridge.

Sending purrs that he meets all the nice RPCA RB kitties, including my
two, and especially for poor Deanna's broken heart.

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 24th 09, 08:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Purrs for both of them.

Joy