Advantage stopped working!

Old May 24th 04, 01:53 AM
redpenner

Default Advantage stopped working!

We have been using Advantage on our cats for years. The cats vary in
age from 7 yrs down to 1 yr. All of a sudden this year, the fleas
were back on the cats after only 2 weeks. Can fleas get immunity to
Advantage? If so, is there a different one that works as well?
(Frontline?)

redpenner

Old May 24th 04, 02:56 AM
tonks

I found Revolution works better than Advantage ever did for my cats. I
think it kills more parasites, too.

Old May 26th 04, 09:50 PM
Sharon Talbert

I've never heard of that, but Advantage has been on the market for a
while. Bring this up to your vet, just for their heads-up. There may be
confirming literature out there, or you may be among the first to realize
a problem.

Another good product is Front Line, especially for indoor-outdoor pets.
Program is pretty worthless except for indoor-only pets who are not
allergic to flea bites. Capstar is excellent for the quick-kill but only
lasts a few days. It is more practical for rescue work.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Old May 26th 04, 11:32 PM
MIKE

Are you being careful to get the product on the skin, not the fur? I
have heard that it usually is good for six to eight weeks.

-MIKE

Old May 26th 04, 11:32 PM
MIKE