What Can I Do To Help This Cat?

Old November 14th 03, 07:48 AM

Since she DID keep food down and used
the box 1) at the shelter for one month
and 2) at the vets for 3 days, I believe it is
not medical.

Don't assume that there is no medical issue based on the above. A UTI
can crop up in a day, not to mention the fact that at the vets she was
confined to a very small area and peeing in the litterbox was probably
her only choice. Please get her urine checked to rule out a medical
cause. That is the *only* way to be sure. Assuming it's behavioral, when
indeed it might be medical and causing her pain and discomfort, would
not be right.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 14th 03, 09:53 AM
Alison

"Iso" wrote in message
m...
I hate to say it, but you have your hands full. Sometimes cats that

have
problems like this, at this age are almost irreversible. I agree

with Mary
regarding putting her in a bathroom until she settles down, and you

get on a
normal sleeping schedule, and minimize your damages. Also, granted

your
resident cat is neutered and declawed, I would just let them go at

it. You
are dealing with two elderly cats, not tigers.

They still have their teeth though !
Alison

Old November 14th 03, 09:56 AM
Alison

wrote in message

Don't assume that there is no medical issue based on the above. A

UTI
can crop up in a day, not to mention the fact that at the vets she

was
confined to a very small area and peeing in the litterbox was

probably
her only choice. Please get her urine checked to rule out a medical
cause. That is the *only* way to be sure. Assuming it's behavioral,

when
indeed it might be medical and causing her pain and discomfort,

would
not be right.

Megan

Abosulutely , peeing on plastic is a sign of cystitis , as is peeing
in the bath and on smooth surfaces .
Alison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to

do
nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the

decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings

and
material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come

his
way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 14th 03, 09:59 AM
Sherry

You
are dealing with two elderly cats, not tigers.

They still have their teeth though !
Alison

That's true, Alison! Besides, the OP mentioned one cat was five which is far
from being elderly, and I don't recall her mentioning the other's age. You
can't just let two cats "go at it." It'll set back the introduction, badly.

Sherry