What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Old March 31st 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Default What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Meowmee wikez tew say sillee stuf wike dat. Mosey

anofur pozt whut needed dat BW... MH onze agin kleanin coffee offa hizown
furz,

"Anti Kyla =^..^="

"Dave"
Christine BA wrote:
30.3.2010 2:46, Dave kirjoitti:
snip

BTW, I used to date a Fin. She and her sisters were born there, but
grew up here in the states. They all had Finnish names that were a
bit of a challenge for my American tongue. Her parents' names were
really tough, but I have to admit, I did a pretty good job with
them. In fact, the first time I met her younger sister, the sister
remarked on how well I pronounced my girlfriend's name. (Most
people didn't do too well.) Thanks, again.

-Dave

We're NOT Fins, we're Finns!!
Fins are on fishes...

OMG...yes, you're right! By bad! Sorry!

You're 'Finnished' here, Dave, now go away,
before some kitty poops in your shoes.
Anti Kyla %b
.

Old March 31st 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Meowmee Kyla ugreez wiff yoo on dat Gramby...Mosey
"Granby"
You go girl. Being childish is fun and a great stress cure.
"Christine BA"

30.3.2010 21:24, Dave kirjoitti:
Stormmee wrote:
we await your apology

Don't hold your breath. I am sorry...but this stuff is appalling for
anyone
whose age is in the double digits.

This has nothing to do with age. I refuse to confine myself to doing
stuff that someone sees appropriate for my age! I play lots of computer
games, many of which could be described as kids' games, but they amuse me
so I play. The reason why I don't like meowchat all that much is because
English is not my first language, not my second either, so sometimes it
gets confusing what is meant, when the same original word isn't always
meow-spelled the same way. It is just a like/not like situation. But then
I don't start verbally bashing everyone on this newsgroup for using it, I
just said I'm not comfortable using it, and will go on lurking here.
And anyway, since when is being childish a bad thing, especially when it
doesn't hurt anyone???

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old March 31st 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Meowmie Kyla is glad you are here too, and she doesn't like the spats in
rpca either.
We/the kitties don't spat here too much either, except f the occasional
troll.
It is so much fun here. Love, Kyla & Mosey

"Granby"
I know you are there but during the "spats" I take breaks from there. Sure
glad we don't do that too much here.
"Christine BA"
31.3.2010 8:38, Granby kirjoitti:
Just so long as you check in every now and then so we know all is well.
We
usually don't play so long with the trolls but this one was....so easy.
Maybe could have joined the fun when he got over himself. I was
uncomfortable at first but when husband was so sick and then died, it
was
literally "comic" relief to come on here an du diz.

As for checking in, I'm on rpca too, ya know...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old March 31st 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Yoo tell em Wascal...I hab ulwuyz udmyred yoo innyway. Mosey

Mineown name iz Piglett and I don preciate you kalling ur mancat dat
namez.
If we wuz razin barekittens (human babies) we wudz ackt propiately. Lotza
peoplez do like meowchat dat iz why da internetz hazza lotz of plazes for
evven stuff shirts like yourown selvz. I iz done wiff you. I triedta giff
urown spaze ann u makez funof mine.

Don' wurry Piglett, iff he isn' a compleet asshat he will leev neow.
Diss "I don' wike meowchat" is eyethur simply troo, in wich cas he
hass no reeson to steigh, or iz a disoness cover four "I wanna hurt
peepls feelins," in wich cas hee will stik aroun. In ENNY cas, I am
turnin mine back an kickin dirty stuffs on him.

Wuv, Wascal
--
Wascal

Old March 31st 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Fur Conspiracy

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:52 -0400, "Dave" wrote:

children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember this foolishness.

Then don't be a fool, yourself--go elsewhere.

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. GrowlTiger the Depradatator (VC),
Ms. Chessie, Mistress of Light and Shadow,
Ms. Misty, Mistress of Colors and Smoke,
Mr. Shadow da Pup,
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old April 1st 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:32:10 +0300, Christine BA's
nimble, little paws typed:

Thank you for liking us, that's nice to know.
Finnish is already spelled as it is said, at least by Finnish spelling
and pronounciation standards, so I wouldn't know how to make it into a
meowchat anyway...

{human} I've seen your postings on Facebook, and
Finnish looks really complicated! Do you use the
same alphabet as english or is Facebook rendering
it that way?

Does "Laku" mean something besides a name?
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

3/31/2010 8:05:49 PM
Old April 1st 10, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

"The Fur Conspiracy"
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:52 -0400, "Dave"

children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember this
foolishness.

Then don't be a fool, yourself--go elsewhere.

I think he did.....nice to see you again
How have you all been?
Mosey

Old April 1st 10, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Christine BA[_3_]

1.4.2010 3:07, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ kirjoitti:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:32:10 +0300, Christine BA's
nimble, little paws typed:

Thank you for liking us, that's nice to know.
Finnish is already spelled as it is said, at least by Finnish spelling
and pronounciation standards, so I wouldn't know how to make it into a
meowchat anyway...

{human} I've seen your postings on Facebook, and
Finnish looks really complicated! Do you use the
same alphabet as english or is Facebook rendering
it that way?

Does "Laku" mean something besides a name?

Yes, we use the same alphabet as English, plus the "umlauts" - ä = a
with dots, ö = o with dots, and the Swedish å = a with a tiny o on top.
My Tunisian husband totally agrees that Finnish is very complicated.
He's been taking Finnish classes since the beginning of February, two
months now, and he often complains he doesn't understand anything... But
he's getting along nicely, he's just too harsh with himself.

"Laku" is an abbreviation of "lakritsa", which is licorice in Finnish.
And if you have looked at my pics of him you know why.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 1st 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Apr 1, 1:26*am, Christine BA wrote:
[...]

Beclaws he is dark, wike wikorish.
An heez sweet?

--
Maggy May

Old April 1st 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

tell your DH that english is my first tounge and i barely speak that
decently so if he can understand anything in a second one he is ahead of me,
soft